Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Need a new 102" front bumper
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
Definitely an option 1 driver. Cut off by a white Dodge dually that made a small miscalculation. Mad

And I should add, He FAILED to stick around. Happened in New Iberia, LA if you happen to see a white Dodge dually with a torn right side fender flair and damaged rear bumper. nono

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Bummer Nick...... I'd have to bet that truck does not look like it used to before that error in judgement..... (not to self) "NEVER CUT OFF A BUS !!!... How fast were he/you travelling? He CERTAINLY knew that he screwed up.....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see that happen. I had a similar thing happen, but it was my fault, I was turning around in a parking area and a large pothole was filled with water and looked like a puddle till my left rear went in, and out catching the edge of the bumper and making it look just like yours. I did straighten it out and although not perfect, I was surprised at how malleable the aluminum bumper was. Good luck with repairs.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Sorry Nick. Frowner

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
So we're looking for a white Dodge with duallies and bumper damage and how many bullet holes in the tailgate?
(Honest officer, I never knew he was there, the impact knocked the gun off the dash, I'm sure glad no one was hurt!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
You'd be surprised how well a good bumper shop can straighten that out.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A few years ago a "mechanic" who was working on the generator backed my Barth into a stump and bent the rear bumper. The fool was unable to locate a stock replacement. After some legal wrangling he gave up and told them he'd pay for a new one. The PO located and ordered a new bumper, which is chrome plated steel, from a supplier. It is not original but better than nothing. If you are unable to fix yours, I'll find out where my bumper came from and let you know.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Nick.... After some thought... I'd bet with a little counterclockwise rotation of your steering wheel you mave have been able to "convince" him to stick around to make out the police report....
20/20 afterthought..... oh well....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Called BillyT about my "little problem" and he said bring the bumper by his shop. We took it to the metal working shop next door. Mike, the owner, said he could straighten and weld up the tears enough for me to get it back to Georgia.

"How much do I owe you, Mike" "Ah, about six pounds of Boudin should cover it." cheers

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Well, it looks like an original equipment type bumper is not to be had. I have checked with bumper mfg, fire truck mfg, salvage yards, etc. I even called Newell to see who furnished bumpers for them back in the 90's. Hendrickson Stamping in Illinois. Called them and they won't do one bumper.

That leaves me with a couple of options and I would like to know what others think.

Option 1 take the rear bumper off and put it on the front. (it has holds drilled in the top where the ladder mounts are installed. Then have a local shop fabricate a steel bumper for the rear and paint it to match the coach.

Option 2 Replace both bumpers with steel bumpers painted to match the coach. Of course if you look at a picture of the coach you will see that the front bumper would be the dark brown and the rear bumper would be the cream color.

What do you think? hmm

Nick

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hendrickson Stamping in Illinois

there are many firetrucks that had that style bumpers. Perhaps one from a Sutphen Fire Truck might work for you?

Maybe they fabricated the bumpers themselves. There are many mfg's of fire trucks and there should be one company that has something for you.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Nick: Strickly cost. One of my faults is if I want it, I buy it. This has caused me to spend more than I should. I vote for whatever makes the coach look best....Do it....................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Called them and they won't do one bumper.
Curious... did they happen to say what a minimum production run would be?

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/08
Picture of Cabinetguy
posted Hide Post
My 98 HAD a fiberglass rear bumper until I tore it in half dragging up into my steep driveway. I needs me some rear bumper. D'oh

1998 29' widebody
454 Chevy chassis

Posts: 85 | Location: West Des Moines Iowa | Member Since: 10-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I backed into a post and broke my cosmetic bumper. I planned to rework it as a woman backed into it. I discovered a third break when i got it off. Anyway, I repaired it (not difficult, just tedious) and the biggest issue is finding paint to match.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post