Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rounded roof corners
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted
Help I got an E mail from someone about uncut roof corners I got at the last Barth GTG at the 4-H fair grounds. I seem to have lost it and since I got 2 sets of corners I would like to get a set to the owner that had his dented or smashed at the body shop. I think I will keep the other set. I know what it is like to have a problem with our older Barths, . We were taking grand kids to Turkey Run State park earlier this month and the steering gear broke while making a turn at a red light. A long tow and several days finding parts made for happy campers once again. I think we don't need 2 sets of spares soooo.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thanks John for checking in here. In this topic is the request for the corner.
If I recall correctly one bowl is good for all four of the corners on our Barthmobiles. Does anyone know if the one bowl has four specific corners. Example: front left will not work on front right. In any event I would like to purchase a corner for my Barth. One of my corners is dented. I will check to see which corner is dented in on my Barth.
I would bet Craig would know if one fourth of the bowl will fit any corner or each corner is specific.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could use a passenger rear corner. It is not real bad and does not leak. If you would be so kind I would purchase just the passenger rear corner from the whole bowl. Mine does not leak yet, it is just dented. If a member here has a leaky corner, you would need it more than me. My Regency has a fiberglass front, so the front corners would not apply to my Barth.
Craig, would I be correct to say that one "bowl" would be enough corners for two Regencies?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Remember, The curvature of a Regency is different than other Barths!!

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09
Picture of Steve Sorrentino
posted Hide Post
Hi John, I've shot you a couple of emails in regard to the corner that was damaged in the shop that was working on my 1990 Regal. You can contact me directly at 530-368-0757
Thank you, Steve Sorrentino

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
I could use a passenger rear corner. It is not real bad and does not leak. If you would be so kind I would purchase just the passenger rear corner from the whole bowl. Mine does not leak yet, it is just dented. If a member here has a leaky corner, you would need it more than me. My Regency has a fiberglass front, so the front corners would not apply to my Barth.
Craig, would I be correct to say that one "bowl" would be enough corners for two Regencies?

From what I remember you can get 2 left rears or 2 right rear depending on stamping. I had wondered how those corners were made before seeing those stampings. Lots of waist left over. These are for Regal/Breakaway style roofline. Sorry Keven.

Link to original post by Steve

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Remember, The curvature of a Regency is different than other Barths!!Nick

Thanks Nick for the reminder on the roofline. Doorman also thanks for pointing the roofline curvature out.
I actually had the information in my library {brain}, but the pages must have been stuck together. The older I get the more the pages stick together.

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Just back from UP and Canada. Looking at the bowls I have it may be enough to do all four corners on an older Barth as mine has a fiberglass section from above the windshield. I have two of these and both are in the original condition unpainted and un cut. I can,t see me needing them so I would let both of them go for a donation to Barhmobile.com (sent to Bill) Now the catch We are leaving again for Wisconsin for family reunion thru Monday. Will look at site Tuesday. Anyone is free to say what they are worth. All who wander are not lost. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My rig is still sitting in the repair shop in limbo waiting to see if someone can repair the damage that was sustained at the facility. I,m still very interested in the corners if they are available.
Thank you,
Steve Sorrentino

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Since we last met. Family reunion in Wisconsin( interlude at ER for chest pains, stress test set for 10/17) Audrey now set for Back Operation 10/26, Barth has new steering gear. Looking for corners in garage beyond BMW, 2 Honda 50s and Vespa. Will start on it Sat AM wish me luck and that a come out alive. All who wander are not lost. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

posted Hide Post
Hi John, I'm still in need of a couple of corners.
Are they still available?
Thanks,Steve

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Passing on some info about my 85 MCC Regency. Both front corners were metal and the right rear was metal and the left rear was fiberglass. I guess at one time the left one was replaced.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sloop John B:
Since we last met. Family reunion in Wisconsin( interlude at ER for chest pains, stress test set for 10/17) Audrey now set for Back Operation 10/26, Barth has new steering gear. Looking for corners in garage beyond BMW, 2 Honda 50s and Vespa. Will start on it Sat AM wish me luck and that a come out alive. All who wander are not lost. JKB

Maybe we better send a posse of 10 members in to see what happened to Sloop. Who is volunteering for the posse?