Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

KD 518 marker lights in amber
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello...we are in need of three amber lens replacements for the clearance lights across the front of a 1991 Barth Regal. They are KD 518 amber lens. If anyone knows a source for these teardropped shaped lens replacements please post here.

Edited by Bill NY to direct you to a better link that gives you the current links to find this light and lens.

Click Here For The New Info.

1991 33ft Regal 460 Deere

Posts: 19 | Location: Hanover, PA | Member Since: 03-27-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I've been told (by Medic37) these lenses are no longer available; he directed me to a similar design. The mounting hole was in a different location requiring a hole to be drilled (carefully) through the lense to match up with the base. Then you have to plug the old hole to guard against leaks. It didn't look very good up close but you can't see it from the ground very well. The lense is a Truck-Lite #8977A. The NAPA part number is 680-2138 for the same lens. As I said, it doesn't look great but it will take care of your inspection issue until you can find a new housing and lens to replace it. I was lucky enough to find a box of five brand new running lights (made by Pacer Performance Products) that also look the original lights. I found them in one of the storage compartments in the Stagecoach. This tells me the originals might not have been availalbe for awhile.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Check these out:
http://www.carparts.com/5-PIECE-CAB-MOUNT-TEARDROP-SHAP...+600022011_10618.car
They are about the same size as the originals and install easily. 5 for $50 is not bad.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towerguy:
I was lucky enough to find a box of five brand new running lights (made by Pacer Performance Products) that also look the original lights. I found them in one of the storage compartments in the Stagecoach. This tells me the originals might not have been availalbe for awhile.

Will these amber lens from Pacer fit the orginal KD light bases?

1991 33ft Regal 460 Deere

Posts: 19 | Location: Hanover, PA | Member Since: 03-27-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Although they look very similar, the mounting hole is not quite in the same location.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found 5 new old stock KD518 assemblies with a LS336 lens and was going to put them on ebay auction for $24.99 ea. Buy it now for $34.99 ea.
Email me if interested i can send pictures.

Posts: 1 | Location: Rochester, New York | Member Since: 05-08-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
KD518

BUS PARTS dot com seems to have them.
http://busparts.com/lamps-clearance.html

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sandytoes
posted Hide Post
I needed three of these also, for my Regal. I purchased the whole light from Gregs Distributors up here in BC, Canada. The lights are stock items and can be ordered from Truck-Lite.

1991 Regal 28' 454 Banks Power Pak

Posts: 80 | Location: Duncan, BC Canada | Member Since: 05-31-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post