Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sony SSM-721 AMR Backup monitor
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted
Replaced the backup system. If anyone wants the monitor (Should be good)its available for shipping. Camera was not working but if anyone want to have it repaired it also is available. I'll have it a few weeks or I will dispose of it.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Dana,
I may be interested. Drop me a PM.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Sending the parts to Bruce

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
What system did you buy for your backup and how much was it? I need to replace my system also the camera is shot. The camera alone is $350 but a new system should be about $500 or so with a color lcd screen.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Back-up safety 7" Color $240 delivered from Amazon

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
I think I wii buy it also now $214 with good comments, thanks.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
How did you install the wiring/video harness? Were you able to use the existing harness or run a new one?

K&E

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K&E:
How did you install the wiring/video harness? Were you able to use the existing harness or run a new one?

K&E

Well I hoped to use the old wiring to pull a new one. NO luck there the old wires were cable tied every 10 inches all the way along and must have been laid before the floor. I thought I'll wire new ends on. The new cord has 5 wires and the old four. Not going to risk figuring which not to use and mess something up.
How tough can it be there is hardly anywhere you can't see from somewhere? TOUGH. I could see where they ran for the most part. The run under the bathroom is a bear. The wire exits and runs thru the Driver side battery compartment and then back in thru the wall. That back wall I didn't want to take the wall apart. The end on the wire is 3/4 wide so its not an easy slide. I am betting 6 hours of cussing and frustration. It is run correctly everywhere except I gave up trying to get up the back wall. I drilled into the coach in the bedside drawer and there was slight gap that I was able to bulge and pass the wire so it is run just inside up to the above the bed cabinet. Removed trim and ran behind it ground off the back so it goes behind it. I was able to peel the inside wall out and run under it and push it back in place. The external bracket for the old camera doesn't fit the new camera. I was able to use the old bracket and bolt the new one to it with rubber washers to shim it to the right angle so I can see the ball hitch and 17 feet back from the coach.
It is Sweet when its done! I don't want to scare you just be realistic in the work that it takes. Would have been easy to run most of the way under the coach but to me that is a dangerous route with chances for damage. The other place that was tough was under the bathroom. There is now 2 strands of decoy cord to pull anything else I may need to later. It is run the entire length of the coach. I like its done. I plan on pulling something constantly behind (BOAT, Toad) so I mounted the Monitor on their bracket not like some I have seen built in to cabinets so I can adjust it to the best sight angle. If you get to far to the side or extreme in the angle the screen tends to blackout.
Sorry long winded but don't want you to go well he didn't say anything about that. I am to the point that the mess is just about gone and when it is I will take pictures. My have to do list is getting shorter

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
I ordered one today, should be in Lake Havasu when I get there. I don't plan on doing it right away the jet lag will be bad enough. Next month should be ok. Thanks for the info.

I was figuring to run it under the coach with wire cables, and if it got ripped off then I would put a new wire on.

I need to unbolt the third captains seat last year I unscrewed a bolt about 4 inches but not enough and was worried that the nut would fall off on the other side. There is no access to the underside of the floor.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Contact RVCAMS in Baton Rouge. They have adapters for just about every camera monitor and cable combination. 877-378-2267

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.