Forums    Swap Meet Central    I found a Barth at the Local Wrecking Yard !
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I found a Barth at the Local Wrecking Yard !
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Kevin,
could you get me the ignition switch and some outside side trim strips. If someone does not take the dash would like both gauge clusters and all the little id tags on the switches. Would also like the screen door if it does not go to someone. If you like you can call me collect Matthew 562-691-3620 restoring a 22 footer.
Thanks

Posts: 10 | Location: socal | Member Since: 06-11-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, here is an up date folks. The hours of the wrecking yard don't jive all that well with my work hours. The yard is only open week days untill 4pm. I work untill 4pm. >.<

My boss understands so I have been able to sneek away an hour or two early each day. I only really have 5 week days left.

Now the history of this barth is that it was striped and used as a chip wagon untill the owner passed. So then it sat for a year... with food still in it... and the rats moved in ! Ick! I spent the first two days just cleaning it out so I could work in it without fear of breathing !

I got the fridge out, seems to work well with 120V but stoped working under 12vdc. The motor on the unit runs on 24vac ! Crazy !

With only a few days left I am going to pull what I can. Going to pull the full dash out. Pull the screen door. Has one good front windshield. Bumpers could be saved if some one was in a hard spot. I plan to pull every window from the Barth. Anybony want the ID tags? I plan to take the Rad, rear leaf springs, steering column.

This Barth is in Powell River BC. I myself drive back and forth between Powell River and Kamloops every 2 weeks. I dip down into the US once in a while... and Burning Man in NV every year.

Let me know what you need !

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
How are the front headlight bezels? If they are not pitted or dented....
Let me know.

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Are the sun visors still there?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
-headlight bezels- I think they were ok, I'll look today.

-sun visors- Are mint! I pulled those on the first day, Brown.

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHowe
posted Hide Post
The screen door might be intergral to the whole door. Best bet to take the whole door/frame/screen.

Posts: 23 | Location: Chicago Area | Member Since: 04-10-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I could use the instrument cluster......

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, still looking for an answer on the ignition switch and the outside trim strips, control panel on the dash, and dash labels. Thanks.
melbik@aol.com

Posts: 10 | Location: socal | Member Since: 06-11-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK folks... Sorry if I have left you hanging. Every day this week I have been sneeking out of work early to run off to the scrap yard and staying untill closing to pull whjat parts I could from the old barth. I think I have just about all I can think of.

Lator tonight I'll make a new Thread in the swap meet fourms with pics. Showing off what gems I have scampered off with.