Forums    Swap Meet Central    I found a Barth at the Local Wrecking Yard !
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I found a Barth at the Local Wrecking Yard !
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Thats right, I got so excited I might have peed a little!

Saddly the yard was closed and will not open untill monday so I could only peek from the locked gate.

Seems to be about a mid 70's 21 footer. Steel bumpers. small window in the rear, two large windows on each side.

I saw this Barth around town once before, was being used as a chip wagon. never saw inside. Owner said it had a 350.

Anyways, I'll go take a closer look at it on moday and report back again with pics. I leave town on tuesday for 2 weks so this will be cutting things close. Spread the word of this RV and let me know what parts people are looking for and I'll see if its there.

Kevin V.

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
There is also one sitting in the wrecking yard in Yuma but it is in the section that you can't go into.....looks like it only has a flat tire. Confused

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nemos:
I'll go take a closer look at it on moday and report back again with pics.
A picture of the data tag would be nice. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I just got back from looking over the Barth and snagging a few parts for myself. About a year ago it was used as a working Fifh and Chips wagon until the owner passed away. Been sitting since then. Boy oh boy have the rats moved in !

She's a 1975 20' Barth. bathroom in the rear. I'll see what I can do with putting some Pics up here.

The wrecking yard was just going to cut her up in a few days, but I worked out a deal. Paid a lump sume and I can strip anything I want thats NOT drive train. So at least its on Hold. I have a month to take what I want before they start cutting. The body of it does seem tooooo bad and I am sure some one could save her. If not, post here what parts your after and I am sure I can pull them for you and work some thing out. The dash is in rather nice shape.

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good, I did remeber how to post pics... here come a bunch !

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I would strip as much as i could,.....sooner or later somebody is going to be looking for odds and ends. Are the windshields any good? Headlight trim? Knobs and handles? the door? the list goes on. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'll take the overhead bed hardware!!! No, wait, I already have that stuff... Have at it gang!!! Big Grin

BTW: Thanks for posting this for us. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait....wha...what over head bed hardware? You wern't supose to see that ! That was the first thing I pulled from the Barth... All mine!

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The steering wheel looks pretty good, and it comes off with a regular puller, and when you have it off the turn signal lever comes off with one screw. I don't need any of this but when I did I had a heck of a time finding it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
The rear corner caps are the only exterior pieces that have a compound shape....They'd have value to someone who has bashed-in their originals......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
2nd
The rear roof caps.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
Front windshields ! ! !

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
I need a headlight switch knob so I could use the headlight switch if that is feasible for you.

I couldn't see the speedometer but if it is in good shape someone could most likely need it sometime. I just replaced mine and they are not easy to find. I would think that it would also be good to snag the ignition switch.

Thanks

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHowe
posted Hide Post
Poor old girl!!
Interested in the following:
1. Any interior square light covers, not cracked or broken
2. Light handle bar if it's marked Barth
3. Would like to have the front door if it has a screen door, but don't know how I could get it from you, your in Canada right? You ever come to the States? If nothing else the door handle.
4. Head light beazles if they are not pitted/corroded

Mark

Posts: 23 | Location: Chicago Area | Member Since: 04-10-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello again !

Well I am back at work and in town with the 20' Barth. I'll be spending a fair amount of time at the wrecking yard and pulling what parts I can.

I'll have a look at the head light switch, though I know some one that is after the Whole front dash panle. It also has a screen door.

Nemos