Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dometic- Duo therm Thermostat
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
Anybody got one of these laying around? This is the wall mounted thermostat for our front A/C. It has a 10 pin ribbon connector. Controls a/c as well as heat from the heat strips in the unit. Only thing wrong with this one is the power switch is bad.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Nick, I believe that I have the electronic one I will count the pins, it will probably work. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Tom, that would be great. According to Dometic this thermostat is no longer available and there is no replacement. What do they want you to do? Buy a new a/c.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Nick, how did you check it? Did you check the rear one by swapping them around for a test?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Nick, I do have a Dometic thermostat. If you will PM me and give me your addy I'll ship it your way. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Okay, Tom sent me a very nice thermostat from a Dometic A/C unit. It won't work. Mad I have attached 2 pictures. My thermostat is analog and came from a Duo-Therm model. Tom's is digital and came from a Royale III model.

The ribbon connector on mine is 10 pin and male. The ribbon connector on Tom's is 11 pin and female.

Still looking if you can help. Tom, I'll bring yours to GTG.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That circuit board is obsolete; however, Carl Flack (when he lived in TN) referred me to a places that found the board. I don't remember the company...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
I have both of those (analog and electronic) in my coach.
The analog is in the front and the electronic in the back.
I would like to purchase the electronic one from you if you can't use it, as my compressor won't shut off on the rear unit and I'm suspecting the electronic thermostat is toast.

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nick,

do you still have the electronic keypad?

if so, i m interested.

let me know

Posts: 14 | Location: san diego | Member Since: 08-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dulobast25:
nick,

do you still have the electronic keypad?

if so, i m interested.

let me know
No, I gave it back to Tom Johns when it wouldn't work for me.

Nick

posted Hide Post
Good morning Nick, I am waiting for the shop to open. Hope to be on the road soon. I don't have it You may want to look around your spare parts. Have a good one.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Nick: When mine went bad I got the new Comfort System that includes a new thermostat and a new control board for the roof unit. They use adapters from the ten pin to the telephone connectors and the whole repair including labor was about $300 if I remember correctly. About $185 was the labor. Other than that an electronic supply house will have the switch and it only requires a little soldering skill to replace.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, Tom Johns, do you have the pushbutton keypad?

Sounds like Nick sent it back to you.....

Does it work?

Is it NOS (new old stock)?

Was it used?

How much?

Posts: 14 | Location: san diego | Member Since: 08-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nick, contact whendrix@aol.com and mobile.highpower@earthlink.net,

he has duotherm/ dometic thermostats and
has dealt with the analog 10 pin vs digital 11 pin issue before.

"The 3105356 thermostat will not work with anything but a 3104855 control board and if I remember they will not plug into the ribbon cable -- The touchpad (Rexnord) also has 11 wire ribbon cable and the 3105356 has 10."

He is one of the 2 ppl tha i kno what would have the manual control in the ceiling that you need.
The other guy that sells them in on ebay his ebay name is wylo761:

"Sorry -- I do not have the touchpad version. I do also have one new matching control board.... .- wylo761" the item # was #130648332448 (in march), he may have more.

posted Hide Post
dulobast25
no
yes
it was out of my coach
if Nick can find it, its yours.