Forums    Swap Meet Central    Regency plastic molding insert 33/64 or 1/64 over one half inch
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regency plastic molding insert 33/64 or 1/64 over one half inch
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Look what I found. New old stock. Molding that is at the floor height of my Regency. It is also halfway between the roof and the floor. May be on other Barth Coaches also. If you need some contact me. The molding only comes in 12 foot long pieces. Cost is $1.00 per foot plus packaging shipping costs. It only comes in BLACK The manufacturer has one box left. They no longer make it at this manufacturer.

NOTICE: THE TRIM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FROM THIS SOURCE

The molding is exactly at the floor level. It is snapped into the extruded aluminum rail that is about right here.

The extruded aluminum rail is painted grey-silver now and so is the plastic molding. When I change the molding to all black, I will post the new material.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picture of original molding for comparison. New molding fits perfectly. The original molding has little fins on the outside top.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old meets new molding. I am replacing all of my molding, even the molding that was painted silver.

posted Hide Post
Here is where I replaced the silver painted stuff with the new black.

It makes a nice color break with the black molding in the silver strip.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Kevin ,The new molding looks VERY nice.
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Kelshe
posted Hide Post
Looks really nice. Our molding is black so we will just be replacing missing pieces and a couple of broken areas. Looks sharp.

Sheila

Posts: 77 | Location: Auburn, CA | Member Since: 11-05-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops, I forgot to mention how wide the molding actually is. It is sold as 33/64 or 1/64 over a half an inch. Thanks to the members questions in private, I have noted it here for the membership to see. The size is also now on the top of the posting.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
I had Kevin send me 4 12' strips for my 28' Regal.

After kvetching to him that the strips wouldn't unwind to be completely straight (doesn't matter), then figuring out that I wasn't expected to slide the whole thing in from one end, both sides are almost done!! Of course I came up about 1.5" short. It was actually more than that because I bunged one end up trying to slide it in from the end of the track.

I'll get me one more 12' length. This will allow me to finish the side and also replace the rear strip, which I noticed too late, is also broken.

I did leave the molding out in the sun for a few days, then in the garage for a few days, then in the Barth for a few days. Hopefully it has done all its shrinking.

Here are some before and after shots. Looks great, you can almost ignore the terrible paint condition now. And yes, my Barth is dirty.

Passenger Side Before

Passenger Side After

Entry Before

Entry After

Passenger Mirror Before

Passenger Mirror After

Interestingly, the rivets under the strip were placed in every other hole. I thought about water entry and put a smidge of polyurethane in each empty hole, at the same time wondering if someone here is going to say that they are left open intentionally as drains or vents:

And what are the chances that the door catch screw would skewer a rivet?

Thanks Kevin!!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Rear is done!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug.A
posted Hide Post
I k now this is an old post but...

Would this fit the 1990 22ft Regal? Some of my molding is past its best...

Thanks

Doug.
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Oops, I forgot to mention how wide the molding actually is. It is sold as 33/64 or 1/64 over a half an inch. Thanks to the members questions in private, I have noted it here for the membership to see. The size is also now on the top of the posting.

Posts: 25 | Location: Tualatin Oregon USA | Member Since: 10-08-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a 1 in a billion chance anybody knows where I can buy some of that molding? Or maybe any sources for something very close to the original molding?
I could use about 48 feet of it.
Thanks for putting the size of 33/64" on here.

Posts: 58 | Location: California | Member Since: 05-15-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good question. When I redid the rivets on my side trim strip a while back I could not find any. Kevin kindly sold me the last he had. I used that and I have not seen another source since.

If you or someone can find this it would be a great discovery. Let us know! Good luck Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
If you go to amazon and search for rv trim exterior you will find something that might work, it won't be exact. lots of things on the internet if you find the right words for the search. I am very surprised that the people who sold trim to Kevin, wouldn't have more available some time. they must have the dies to extrude it. It think it would be worth it to call the company that Kevin bought it from. I can see them saying that they would have to run a certain amount of feet in order to make it worth their while. that's only fair. I wonder how many people would want some?
Good luck,
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Regency moulding insert is still available from AP Products under the part number 011-355 Black. I think it is also available in white. When Kevin bought his, I also ordered some which is where I got the part number. Ap stuff is also sold on Ebay as well as Amazon. Be prepared for the price- it appears to be at least $3 per foot and it comes in 8 foot lenghts.
Hope this helps out.

Regards: Clint

Posts: 60 | Location: Saint John, N.B. Canada | Member Since: 09-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Further to my last input, the info I gave is for the insert not the moulding. The moulding is Elixir style which takes our insert. Search the internet for this style in our width. I t may not look exactly the same but it will work if you replace all on the coach.

Regards: Clint

Posts: 60 | Location: Saint John, N.B. Canada | Member Since: 09-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post