Barthmobile Portal
i am thinking of pulling out my central ac unit .has anyone done so?for extra space?

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4781063702/m/3843934877

05-14-2013, 04:51 PM
wally povajnuk
i am thinking of pulling out my central ac unit .has anyone done so?for extra space?
as my 34 ft monarch has performed exceptionally well and well maintained I am certain it is in working order.any takers close by?wally
06-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Gary Carter
We had a non-functioning central a/c. Pulled it out and put a roof unit on. Was an easy change as we had a fantastic fan where we wanted the a/c. Pulled th fantastic and installed the a/c unit. Even used the 12vdc wires for the a/c connection (used the wires, not the 12vdc). They were routed to the refrig compartment.

Ended up with a large storage compartment.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance
07-28-2013, 08:19 PM
wally povajnuk
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
We had a non-functioning central a/c. Pulled it out and put a roof unit on. Was an easy change as we had a fantastic fan where we wanted the a/c. Pulled th fantastic and installed the a/c unit. Even used the 12vdc wires for the a/c connection (used the wires, not the 12vdc). They were routed to the refrig compartment.

Ended up with a large storage compartment.
Gary did you pull the unit out through the outside grill?Wally 34ft monarch van isle.didnt get to be 73 by only being stupid but very lucky.
07-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Gary Carter
We had a large bay door with a grill in the center of it. We still have that setup as we had installed a freezer and needed the air. So simply unbolted and remove the ac unit. Also pulled out most of the interior ac plumbing and got a large amount of cabinet space.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance