Forums    Swap Meet Central    Fridge died in Barth, does anyone need pats?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fridge died in Barth, does anyone need pats?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Turned on the fridge in the Barth and have a bad amonia smell. I think I will have to replace the fridge. Does anyone need parts from my old one? You pay shipping.

Jeff Larsen
1984 35' MCC Barth
Salem, Or.

Posts: 70 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Any idea which model? Is it a top mount, i.e. Freezer on top?

’84 Barth Regal 25 ‘
w/ “FRED” FRont End Diesel
Chevy 6.2 L diesel

Posts: 227 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You should be able to get a rebuild kit for the cooling unit.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 8200 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
There is a company in San Francisco that will rebuild the unit but you must bring it to them.

If this is a 110/gas model I am looking for one, please keep me in mind. I will prepay shipping.

And then I will go to San Francisco with the Barth.

Timothy

Posts: 318 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If you've never used the "find" in the upper left corner, here's what I found entering 'Fridge". Note that this opens on page 2. [upper right corner] Just poke page 1 to start with the most recent posts.
http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=fri...D=all&authorOID=&p=2

Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28 - Slide Show
454 Chevy

Venice, Florida

Posts: 3437 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Jeff, if you decide to part it out.
and
if it looks like this:
open fridge
then
I need the flip-up dealy for the split shelf:
split shelf

Posts: 244 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a new fridge put in the Barth and had them save the old one.

Timothy, Did you get my email? Are you interested in the old fridge?

Jeff

Posts: 70 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
Jeff:
Yea let's work out how to pay you to ship it. No I did not see your email but the email I had listed here was my company email and I quit on the first of October.

I am sorry I have not communicated, the new job has me in Detroit working seven days a week. I'll be back in Los Angeles this Saturday, the twenty eigth.

Timothy

Posts: 318 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if this is a 3 way ( gas, 110 and 12v) with a freezer on top I might be able to use the control board. what is model number?

Posts: 12 | Location: Lancaster PA | Member Since: 12-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, thank you for your interst in the old fridge. Timothy responded first and is going to come pick up the old fridge next weekend.

Jeff

She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
My thanks to Jeff and crew, the fridge is great. I drove up to Jeff's place and got a look at one very nice Barth, a good glass of wine and the fridge two weeks back.

I was working in San Francisco the following week and dropped the fridge off at a place that rebuilds them. The did a workman like job and the fridge is on the back veranda running off 110v and gas. To replace all the gas portion of the fridge was $600.00.

Now all I have to do is finish the engine and the required cabinetry work to install the beauty before Quartzite.

Timothy

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
that's a good deal Tim, how much is a new fridge $1300.00??

Posts: 790 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our new fridge was $1500.00 installed.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/08
Picture of MWrench
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now all I have to do is finish the engine and the required cabinetry work to install the beauty before Quartzite.

When will you be going to Quartzite? Heard a lot about that and might journey down there if timing is good.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
230 Cummins, Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC

Posts: 1893 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
Dave:

Well there you go, $1500.00 for a new one, Jeff gave us a $900.00 gift, YEA JEFF. The guy in San Francisco will not ship so you have to be there for him to do the work but he was very accomdating when I called and worked around my schedule, he even gave me his home number to call if my work schedlue kept me from comming when he is normally open. I elected to replace all the guts rather than isolate the fault and fix the leak, a fix may be less costly.

Here is the Url to the place http://www.gasrefrigeration.net/findus.htm

Alan Crane is the owner and he answers the phone.

The 12 volt solenoid and wiring on this Domestic unit is in my view, as well as Mr. Crane's view, undersized. The unit pulls 20 amps at 12 volts and the wire on the box is 16 gage. The solenoid as I said looks less than robust as well. My plan is to run off 110v or gas until I install new components for the 12 volt power.

MW:

We, Lana, the hound and I, will be in Quartzite for just a few days; at this point my guess is the 12th to the 14th of January. I spoke with one other couple from this site over the weekend and they will show up after the Blue Grass festival and will stay for a bit longer, several weeks as I undersand their plans. It will be nice to see the people we have communicated with on this site, if everyone is as nice a Jeff and compnay we should have a great time.

Your 30 footer should, well may, fit in our driveway. The driveway is large but we live in the hills and the roads are not. If you are passing Los Angeles you are welcome to stop by. All I have is 15 amp plugs so there a limit on what you can run.

Timothy