Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lighted Entry Grab Bar - 1990 Regency
 Login now/Join our community

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Doesn't take much of a light to illuminate a lucite grab bar. About all you can see in any event is a gentle glow from the bar itself, and the outline of any lettering or other engraving on the surface of the bar.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill NY, where did you get the blue bulb for your handle. The parts stores I've been into have only had the clear bulb.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towerguy:
Hey Bill NY, where did you get the blue bulb for your handle.
Advanced Auto Parts.

I believe it's a 194 bulb

This might work for you...
http://www.cardomain.com/item/VARALWPBL

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If I ever git round tuit, I am going to install an LED. I was going to do it years ago, but blue LEDs were priced sky high. Now they are reasonable. Perhaps the blue cast of a so-called white LED will be blue enough.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I can't seem to open that site, can you supply a phone #

Thanks...Tim

Posts: 24 | Location: Sagle ID USA | Member Since: 06-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yimmitspring:
...can you supply a phone #
574-295-0234

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You

Posts: 24 | Location: Sagle ID USA | Member Since: 06-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
My grab bar finally broke yesterday. It was cracked in a number of places. I would appreciate learn where to get a replacement.

tom taylor
94 breakaway xl

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Try this one:

http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/britebars/

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. just what I was looking for.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
Also very easy to make... 1" acrylic rod , polish one end , heat in oven , bend.
Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My was cracked in a number of places but seemed sturdy enough until one day recently I grabbed it to go up and it broke in my hands and almost sent me backwards. That would have hurt. If anyone has one cracked and aged and have guests here and there. might want to reconsider replacing it and mounting the original one in a shadow box since Rusty said they were valuable....lol.

Tommy Taylor

posted Hide Post
Ray, mine is in a S shape and beyond my pay grade especially to get the original Barth engraving. The lady I ordered it from asked me to send pictures and she seemed excited that mine was an original of theirs. There was another company making them too and she wanted to be sure it was their product and it was. Since my top and bottom holders and in great shape, I only needed the grab piece.

Tom Taylor

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray:
Also very easy to make... 1" acrylic rod , polish one end , heat in oven , bend.
Ray

What is a good oven temp?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post