Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lighted Entry Grab Bar - 1990 Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted
Does anyone have a good lighted entry grab bar for a 1990 Regency or know of where I can find one? NOS wold be awesome! Mine is intact and working but it has a lot of cracks. Bill - Colorado

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/britebars/

Fleming is the OEM Mfg for the Barth's. My Barth took the middle one.

You can get the handle lettered in several different colors - After I got my handle I swapped out the bulb for a blue colored bulb. Sweet...

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill NY,

Thanks! It has already been ordered. I was expecting to get the same thing but they didn't recommend a clear handle like the one on there now. The new one will be black and engraved with "Barth Regency" on the handle. Let me know if you think this is a bad idea. The one I currently have is hard to read but it does make a nice entry light. A black handle would be easy to read but won't be as nice for a lighted entry. I suppose there are tradeoffs either way. The model number wasn't listed on their site but she knew which one I needed. The total cost was $68, that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Bill - Colorado

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towerguy:
I was expecting to get the same thing but they didn't recommend a clear handle like the one on there now.
That seems odd. I bought mine from Flemming and got the lighted one. I don't know why they would steer you away from the clear handle.

Mine says "Nascar Racing" on it and it does look nice clear. You can get the lettering in several different colors.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
If the black handle is clear lucite underneath, your "Barth Regency" logo will show up in the dark when the light is on.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Mine's original, all crackled up, and I like it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Barth's becoming cult collectors' items, replacing the grab bar (crazed or not) can lower the value of your Barth by $2-3,000. Cool

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Fleming and what they meant to say was the handle was clear and the etching would be black. That works out perfect!

I love original but the handle appears to be near failure so I'd rather switch before it does fail and keep it.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love original but the handle appears to be near failure so I'd rather switch before it does fail and keep it.

Mine has been that way (crazed) since I got the coach before Y2K. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse. Kinda gives the coach a nice patina of age. Smiler I am a little gimpy, so use it a lot.

Be sure and post a picture of the new one when you get it installed.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
To the contrary, I am talking to you and everyone that comes to this awesome web page!

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Be sure and post a picture of the new one when you get it installed.
I know you're not talking to me, but I thought I would post mine too.

You should see it at night, it looks real sweet with a blue bulb lighting it up. Cool

Would you believe, changing the lighted grabhandle was the very first job I did to my Barth?

Back in June 2003 I installed my lighted grabhandle and then set upon rebuilding my coach around that handle. Big Grin

Really, no joke. I wanted to remind myself, everytime I went inside, what I was working on and why.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post

Picture of my assist handle, it is broken or I would not replace it, afraid someone will grab it and it will come apart causing an avoidable fall.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
My new grab handle arrived today and is finally installed. I tried finding a blue bulb but no luck. Too bad, I think it would have looked pretty good. I'm not real happy with the handle because the contour was not correct and I had to alter it quite a bit to make it fit. The finished product looks great. Pictures to come.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
As I stated in my last post, I wasn't real happy with the way the new grab handle fit so I decided to call Fleming and see what they suggested. I pulled out my purchase order to get their phone number and noticed it stated the top and bottom brackets were supposed to be included. That certainly would have made a difference in fit and function. I called them up and a new set will be mailed today. I highly recommend them unless you like the idea of keeping your Barth as original as possible. I like originality also but my handle appeared to be on the verge of failure. When I removed the brackets, I found it was broken in half and was held together by pressure. It was one good grab away from dropping someone onto their embarrassment.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
My new grab bar arrived on Saturday and I got my Stagecoach back from service today. It was having a set of shocks and a new exhaust system installed. WOW, what a difference! In the morning I will install the new grab bar with the brackets that were shipped this time. My question now is: The bulb that came with it is much smaller than the original. Those of you that have made the switch to a new handle, did you have any problem with this providing enough light? I'm considering the use of the original bulb and wires if it fits and it appears it will. The one thing I like about the new style bulb is the availability of other colors.

As far as the new grab bar and brackets, very nice! I highly recommend switching to a new one if you don't mind giving up the character provided by the original grab bar.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle