Forums    Swap Meet Central    Barth parts up for grabes !
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth parts up for grabes !
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
quote:
"That aside I am rather disapointed that not a sigle person seemed to understand how I stated things here. I asked that people say how much they wanted to pay for something. I'm not expecting the moon but at least I could just make sure people were happy with what they would pay. I got plenty of people sayying " how much, when?" 15PM's of that quickly lost my intrest."
Wow, really?

I wouldn't have thought it was too much to give a PM back saying something like that. Especially since I PMed you like 6 times. Sorry I was too stupid to understand that you didn't want to tell me how much your time and effort was worth.

I won't bother you any more.

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I wouldn't have thought it was too much to give a PM back saying something like that. Especially since I PMed you like 6 times. Sorry I was too stupid to understand that you didn't want to tell me how much your time and effort was worth."
Yes, I did think the post was rather clear. Look, I work for the Coast Guard. I spend at least half my day out on the water. I'm not a desk jocky. With Summer here things are getting rather hectic. This is not Mc Donalads. Sorry I couldn't serve you better.

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark Estep,
Don't feel stupid, I also was in the same boat as you but I think I have figured this all out. I desperately needed several items from "Nemos" (Kevin) working on my second Barth. I was on a private emailed stream with him numerous times while complementing him on his dedication, but to no avail. Nothing, nada, same situation as you. I even groveled at the end apologizing to him thinking that I may have affended him in some way. Can't imangine how I could have but then you never know. He made an inference that he is a "Burn Man". Having been to Burning Man myself I find that - The Man People- are usualy together, savy, and very intouch, but there is the exception. Then I read "Reado's" reply about the ignition switch I needed that he got from "Nemos". I replyed several times but then, guess what. Nothing, nada. Then it dawned on me, these guys don't have a clue, "█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ [redacted: Bill NY] ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█" Onward and upward and into the Barth, minus a few things.

Posts: 10 | Location: socal | Member Since: 06-11-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
As a long time member of Barthmobile, I find it very disheartening to see a thread that was intented to do something positive degrade to a name-calling pissing match because not everything was perfectly clear from the git-go.
When you're dealing with complete strangers from all walks of life and all over the continent, perhaps it's not such a good idea to leave the buyer to determine the price. If I needed the polorization equalization modulator from this coach I wouldn't know if he was looking for 5 bucks or 500 bucks, and I don't want to offend him, yet I don't want to pay too much, so???
While appreciating the effort and good will put forth in this instance, perhaps when dealing with such a large number of potential customers it might be wiser for the seller to determine a price, and the buyer can say yes or no.
Even though we think of this site as our "neighborhood", we are a hugely varied group with vastly different ideas on how business is conducted, so hopefully this can be a learning experience for all of us and we can get on with the business of enjoying our Barths.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Bravo Danny. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
The wife and I manage a 5 star resort in Arizona. I deal with people from all over. We have a number of Canadians come here also. By and large, I find that people are people no matter where they come from. We all basically want the same things from life, to be happy, safe, warm, fed & sheltered.

Unlike some, I don't NEED the items I was asking about. The pieces I have are going to need plated and so are the ones I was going to buy. I was just going to send the best 2 of the 4. So for me, I'm not wanting to pay a lot for these items.

I have sold an item to someone in Canada once and I know there are fees and duties as well as customs paperwork involved. I don't KNOW what that means in terms of how much cost I would incur buying these items.

I was kind of looking for the seller to tell me what he thought was fair for him and what kind of extra fees I would be looking at in the shipping. I know he missed work to harvest these items.

For 1 or 2 people to not get the "instructions", yeah maybe I screwed up. But when "15PM's of that" happen, maybe it wasn't such a good way to do it, or at the very least the "instructions" should have been reposted.

On a seperate note, I agree with Danny Z, there is never a reason to name call. It's not about nationalities, what we do for a living, or how old/young we are. We're all busy, we all want to get ahead, and we're all susceptible to confusion.

Maybe it's best to remember that we're all in this together and no one gets out alive.

Mark

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
With salvage at other sites, I have seen it in a table with asking prices per item shown.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost sight of BIG BROTHER watching there for a breif moment and got carried away with my entry. Words are a marvellous way to express but I left my self open to misinterppretation. My entry was just my dark sense of humor making its way thru dissapointment. Restoring a Barth from the ground up is a task not for the weak at heart. When used parts come available the salivary glands over react. Even though Detective work has lead me closer to finding alot of the parts Barth used in there manufacture the used or salvage market always makes it less of a challenge.

Posts: 10 | Location: socal | Member Since: 06-11-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I am presently in PA recovering some stuff I put in storage a few years ago that I couldn't take along to FL at the time.
Among this "stuff" I uncovered some pieces of my old 29 footer. I will take inventory when I get home. At this moment I'm a little scared to post any of it for sale. I might, however PM or call Richard P. re, visors. ....to be continued. Confused

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
love to here from you Dick hope all is well!!!!

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
any chance you have parts left? I am looking for a door handle for my 1978.

Posts: 1 | Location: washington state | Member Since: 08-08-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
any chance you have parts left? I am looking for a door handle for my 1978.

The door handle went with the door. I have a couple of outside compartment doors and frames and the big wide door that was above the grill. Somehow I manged to retain an aluminum corner radius but I have no idea what corner. Also headlight trim etc.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Did anyone take the lighted bar yet?

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did anyone take the lighted bar yet?

That did not exist, sorry.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
About the compartment doors. If you have the measurements could you send them to me? I could possibly use two.
Thanks,
Lloyd

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post