Forums    Swap Meet Central    Barth parts up for grabes !
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth parts up for grabes !
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Alright. Lets see if I can get through this. At the local Wrecking yard I found a 1975 Barth 20 foot RV. I worked out a deal with the owners that I could pull any part I wanted [[minus Drive train]]. The Barth had be gutted and turned into a Fish n Chips truck. The owner had passed away a year ago and it had been sitting ever since. The rats moved in! Ick! Took me two days with a respirator to clean it out enough so I could walk around safely and start pulling parts.

I’ll put up pics here of what parts I pulled. Let me know in a PM what parts your interested in. I would expect a few $$$ for the parts. I don’t want to screw anyone over and I would love to know these parts went to other Barth’s that could use them. Just remember I spent that last week in a rat truck to pull them. I am willing to box up and ship these items. Lets keep things fair and make it work my time. Just give me your best offer and we’ll see how things go alright ? Parts are currently in Powell River BC. Though I drive to Kamloops BC every two weeks. I even get down to Seattle a few times a year. Then even to Burning man NV once a year. A trade could always work out. I currently need two roof top vents for my own 1977 21 foot Barth, front tires, and I am missing a bezel that goes around my in dash heater controls.

So on to the parts !

Engine fan and Rad Shroud

Steering collum

-Running lights
-Barth Handle - cracked near base
-Barth 20' numbers
-Cabinet latches and knobs
-Ashtrays
-Front seat clamps
-Dash Clock - also have the manual for it - didn't work for me

Large side window

Both front Windows

2 way fridge, Works 120v,12v

Small over sink window with screen

Heater core with fan

Main Grill

Rear window

Head lights

Door with screen door

Engine driven A/C in dash unit. Had been cut, no pump

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
I'm still interested in the headlight bezels only, and I'd also be interested in those front turn signal lenses.

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention I also have:

-Winshield washer tank
-Engine coolant overflow tank
-Brake pedal Ruber-Mint!

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamloops BC | Member Since: 06-21-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
I definitely want the lighted grab bar with "Barth" engraved on it. What will it take to get it sent to Florida? I didn't see the light switch. Has it been claimed yet. If not, I would be interested in it.
Please get back to me with cost and shipping information.
Thanks for your immense effort in getting these parts.

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
I just noticed the "main grill". Is it the main grill for the coach? What are the dimensions on this? I may have a use for it as the return air grill inside my coach.

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
How much for the sun visors and hardware and can they be shipped to North Carolina?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
I've just sent my Barth in for an outside makeover. I really need to get crackin' on those bezels if we are to make a deal.

Please let me know what you have decided. I can PayPal you if you want.

Mark

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I'm going to put in my 2 cents worth....I don't need any of the parts (none will fit my coach) and I want you all to know, I have never met Nemos or would recognize him on the street if I saw him...

I've been following this thread and I've been so impressed at how Nemos has so diligently worked at saving these parts...it is so great of him to do that...

So, therefore, I bring it up for everyone who needs parts to be GENEROUS with pricing and realize the time off from work he had to take, his hard work and his labor (of love for Barth's) and his overall willingness to help others out....this is worth absolute TOP DOLLAR for the parts...

Please be generous with what you're willing to pay for the parts...and treat Nemos right!!!!

K&E

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue W
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I need a drivers side, side window (not the windshield). Could you give me the dimensions of the one you pulled please?

Thanks in advance,
Sue

Posts: 17 | Location: Knoxville Tn | Member Since: 04-20-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Sue, if that's your Barth in your signature box, the answer will be no, these windows
don't fit.....Your's are the taller version used in newer units.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue W
posted Hide Post
Lee,

Yes that is the Barth that needs a window in my signature box.
Thanks for the information. I will have to keep looking/calling around.

'88-25' Regal

Posts: 17 | Location: Knoxville Tn | Member Since: 04-20-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I must echo K&E's comment. You all now know I'm not afraid of huge projects on (or under) the Barth, but I am humbled by the effort Nemos has made to recover and preserve parts which are so hard to find. Superman

A while back, it took me 2 yrs to find a nice original hood ornament for my 54 Chev...

Those of you who can use these parts should be very very pleased to be so fortunate. Take care of this guy. cheers

BTW his videos of Burning Man and Demo derby are great!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
I also agree with K&E's and Steve VW. I am fortunate to be on Nemos route from the Coast to the interior of BC. He has generously delivered some highly desired parts. In fact, I have the ignition switch from that vehicle if anyones interested.
Reado

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Reado,
I would like the ignition switch for my 83 (22 foot) and could you get me please if you can, a piece of the outside alum tirm that goes around the belt line from your buddy nemos. I sure could use it. I was in private communication with him for awhile but I must have upset his apple cart somehow. Maybe he just doesen't like old people from California.
Matthew, melbik@aol.com

Posts: 10 | Location: socal | Member Since: 06-11-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright folks,

I am back. Because I spent so much time tearing into that old barth during my work shift the work load really added up on me at the end of the two week shift. During my time off a friend snagged me off to his cabin and I enjoyed a fair amount of time away from everything.

That aside I am rather disapointed that not a sigle person seemed to understand how I stated things here. I asked that people say how much they wanted to pay for something. I'm not expecting the moon but at least I could just make sure people were happy with what they would pay. I got plenty of people sayying " how much, when?" 15PM's of that quickly lost my intrest.

So here we are now. I am back at work. Crazxy amount of work a head of me, time to start getting ready for Burning man again. Oh, and my next demo derby in 3 weeks.

So, right now some of the parts are still with me here at work, and some i took home and left there.

Here we are.