Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

HFU-2 Nokia
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted
Anybody have use for all the parts that we inside the coach except the external speaker. For now leaving the antenna in place. When I feel like sealing up the antenna hole I may remove also.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1382 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
It's not clear what you're offering. Stereo system?

Pics always help too.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Well there lies the hitch. I am not sure what it is. Satellite phone, cell phone some kind of phone with a remote antenna and separate handset. It was all screwed to the dash and wired in. I removed it here is a picture.

My thought was the only folks who would be interested would be the ones that knew what it was?? Thanks for the reminder of what to do.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1382 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of those, (in my coach) they are hard wired car kits for Nokia and Motorola cell phones. (in your case analog) They were the best. I up dated mine to newer models, but finely they took away the connections on the phone and did away with a really good hands free system.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Wow... this brings back some memories for me.

Back in the day, when cell phones were huge and required a suitcase to make them portable, we had to have hardwired cell phones in our service trucks.

Whenever you got out of the service truck, you would hit a couple of buttons to make the horn blow - this would tell you that you had a call coming in on your truck phone.

Well, I purchased one of these "Limo Cell Phone Kits" (kind of like the one pictured above) to allow me to remotely install a rear mounted cell phone. Now, when the horn would blow, I wouldn't need to scramble up the side of the highway and pull my door open into traffic to answer a cell phone - I would just answer the phone that was mounted in the back, enclosed bed, of my service truck.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Tina had one of the Nokia Phones pictured here and when she asked me to go to Best Buy with her to get a new phone I did. They got a huge kick out of it like it was a long lost artifact or something. She loved that thing as it never seemed to drop a call and you could always use it as a hammer if nothing else as it was virtually indistructable. She would have kept it forever but the battery would not hold a charge for very long and they discontinued the batteries so she joined the ranks of a digital drone.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
My first in car cell phone was in a 1993 Astro Van. The unit was the size of a small briefcase and was permanently mounted in the back.

ONE BETTER THAN THAT! When I was a kid, about 1966, my Dad came home with a new 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 AND IT HAD A TELEPHONE IN IT!!!!

We were so amazed to see a telephone in Dad's company car. Actually it was one of those 2 way radios with a telephone like handset....to a 5 year old kid, that was amazing to see a TELEPHONE in a car....

Another funny thing. We are restoring a Victorian home and I have been collecting turn-of-the-century intercoms to build a system for the house. These intercoms look like miniature wooden phones. I had a restored 1930 Ford Model A roadster a couple of years ago. I had one of these small intercoms and it looked like a little phone. I mounted it on the dash of the Model A. At car shows, I'd sit back and watch the people. They'd look at that intercom on the dash and comment, "I didn't know they had car phones back then?"

Lotsa fun....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I used to use a Motorola Ultra Classic brick, and it was better than any phone before or since. It was as good as a home phone. Nobody ever said, "You're breaking up" or anything like that. Never a dropped call.

I used it until analog coverage was no longer supported. I usually had it connected to a roof antenna and the vehicle or boat battery.

Now and then, I will be in an area with no cell coverage at all, and if there are others around, I will pretend to be talking on it. It is amusing to see them try to get reception on their phones, moving around, scratching their heads, etc.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Analog was king - Never dropped a call until I had digital.

My first suitcase cell phone pushed out 3 watts of power at the antenna.

I think that was enought to fry an egg or something. Eeker

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
My first car phone was a Harris IMTS 150 Boston Mobile in my Olds Custom Cruiser in 1974. I could use it to catch up on tech calls while waiting in line for gas while my coffee froze in the cup beside me. Mad

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack:
while my coffee froze in the cup beside me. Mad

Shoulda ha wunna them bag phones like Bill's. As long as you kept transmitting, they would keep coffee hot. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
The transmitter/duplexer, the size of a regular suitcase, was under the trunk clam-shell retract area in the rear, no heat for for front seat area about 14 feet away.
I (being a New Eng lander) still have most every cell phone, other than the ones I lost. All the bag phones were traded in, the rest I have.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire