Tools
Reply To This Topic

Reefer Parts: Norcold 682
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
I'm in the process of replacing the reefer, and will have miscellaneous parts available for the cost of postage (donated to Barthmobile.com):

- Control board (nearly new - with the old one which may be good)

- Crisper drawers

- Miscellaneous hardware: hinge posts, screw finishers, shelves, 120VAC heater, burner, etc.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 8200 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I'd be interested in the control board if it would work on my 983. Do you have a pn for it so I can check?

Thanks,

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 7397 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'll get it tomorrow - it's in the bedroom of the Barth, and the old reefer is blocking the hallway.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 8200 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You have several numbers to choose from:

1. Original board - 61647422
2. Replacement - Box marked 618661
3. Replacement's box also has handwritten 2131B (could be 2J31B) on it (possibly the dealer's part #)

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Well, Dang It, those numbers don't fit my fridge. Only 600 and 6000 series, from what I can determine.

But, thank you, anyway, and I hope some other Barthmobiler can find a home for them.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 7397 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Oh well. I think Norcold introduced several new control boards each "model year".

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The old reefer is apart, and here are the parts available for a modest donation to Barthmobile.com:

At the top is the front control panel circuit board (P/N 61647322) and fascia.

Lower left is the control board #618661

Black box is the ignitor board (#61688922) and ignitor

The burner assy is lower right, no number.

Not shown is the 120VAC heating element #621072.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Also not shown are miscellaneous items like shelf clips, hinge parts, screw finishers, the plastic drawers, etc.

I'm bringing the lot to the DC GTG.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Nitrobat
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
Do you still have some of these parts available? I also need the tin burner cover,little tin drain cup and door clasps.

Posts: 1 | Location: Western United States | Member Since: 08-07-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums!

I have the burner cover and the drain cup. The door latches (if that's what you refer to) were deteriorated - I had to repair them a couple of times, one of the reasons I replaced the whole unit when it failed.

PM your address after 12/07 (I won't have time to send them until after the FL GTG). Free (including shipping) with a donation to Barthmobile.com

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Do you still have these parts for the 682 available. We could use them. Just need to know how to make a donation and about how much would be appropriate.
Thanks,

Posts: 1 | Location: Ephraim, Utah | Member Since: 03-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums!

All the parts are gone - sorry!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke