Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Wanted windshields/ molding
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello
I need 2 halves of a windshield AND the molding including the center post for a 1989 Recency 22 footer. Information on where I can buy these would be much appreciated.
I can be reached at 661-378-0802
Jeff

Posts: 58 | Location: California | Member Since: 05-15-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The windshields are DW730 and DW731. OEM for GM Astro etc tilt cab trucks from the mid 80's.

I think windshieldstogo.com stocks them. Good luck

BTW the Regencies were all diesel pushers. 22 ft gasser would be a Regal model.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve VW
Thank you VERY MUCH !
I'LL check them out,yeah I gotta get that through my head that it's a 'REGAL' not Regency. It's a mental block

Posts: 58 | Location: California | Member Since: 05-15-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve VW
I just saw that you're a Volkswagen Bus Guy. I've owned 2 buses in the past too, a 64 or 65 tin top Westfalia, and I restored a 71 tin top Westfalia. I wish I still had them both. That's a nice looking bus you have there. Nice Barth too. That 98 would be the last year Barth was built ?
The guy I bought our Barth from claimed only 2 1989 22 Foot Regal were built that year...do you know if he's correct ?

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
My Barth was built in August of 1997. All those built late in the year were designated "98" models. (like the car companies) I believe the last coaches were completed by December and the company folded in early 98.

Sadly, when Barth went out of business was before computer records and most of the company information was never preserved. We here on the site have tried to piece together the history.

We have record of one other 1989 22ft Regal: (there could be others)
8902 3594 22C

22 ft coaches were never the most popular selling Barth models, so it is entirely possible yours could be one of 2 that year..

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post