Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sony Backup Monitor - need camera
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Looking for the camera for my backup monitor. It is a SONY HVM-510AM camera hooked to a SSM-620AM Monitor.

The connector on the back is a round 4 pin.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Last year I replaced my dead camera with a tiny generic B/W "security" camera from Kmart ($29) It is about the size of a golfball (the old one was the size of a small brick!) I had to rewire the connector but it worked the first time. (I think it was made by Swan)

I have the "MC Macedon" monitor. I'm not sure if the Sony is 12VDC and generic video signal but if it is you can try the cheap generic like I did.

The image quality is very good (better than the photo)

If you come to Milford I'll hook one up for you! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'll take it a step further... I know what pin each wire is for and the values. I could do that too but wanted to see who has what first. If nothing pans out with spare parts, I'll do a writeup on what will work and how to wire it in.

I'm not just limited to using the "4P MULTI connector" I also have BNC input connectors too, so it should be pretty easy to change over to something else.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You'll have no problem with that conversion. Since I had to cut the connectors (RCA plugs) off the new camera, I ran the wire through the roof grommet and soldered directly to the old wires inside.

BNC would be best for the video coax but I just spliced with no apparent problem.

You have many choices. Good luck finding a good match.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11

Picture of Micha
posted Hide Post
We also have one at Costco (Thanks for the info) in Canada different camera than US (heated camera!! don't know why ??) Looks good on paper, good comments. Will be looking to replace mine this spring (started to develop intermittent problem past years (working when you don't need it!!)
Costco canadian model $100 more than US at $299 )

Posts: 41 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Member Since: 04-03-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
bill if you havent gotten a new camera yet hold off. Ihave4 or 5 you can have along with a syst. tester we dont use them on our trash trucks anymore.Whent high teck multi cam now. not sure how many are good but yours if you would like thay are yours for shippin should fit in flat rate box. also i think you can still send to be fixed ,at least we have 1 2 years ago
let me know carl

Posts: 14 | Location: n.c | Member Since: 04-30-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Yes, if it's a SONY HVM-510AM camera, please let me have what you're not using.

My system is capable of 3 cameras and if you have extras perhaps I'll hook up all three. Anything extras I'll use for our members on Barthmobile.

I've sent you an email with my address.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
bill
they are ssc530am b/w same plugs ect should work if ya still would like them Ill send out friday with tester also
carl

Posts: 14 | Location: n.c | Member Since: 04-30-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Yes please and a big thank you!!! Smiler Thumbs Up

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
Should get to you wednesday or thudsday whent out monday AM. couldent find instructions for tester but with a working syst, you can figure it out green light ok havent used it in a long time. Should have 2 monitors in a week or 2 . I will also put a allison trouble shooting guide for the older models in the box.You could scan and put up for anyone that needs it.
carl

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Excellent - thank you very much!!! Smiler

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much - arrived today. I'll try hooking it up over the weekend.

Anything you send will be appreciated. I'll get the codes once I get them in the next delivery.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
If you know the monitor is working, and it is the camera problem, you can get the camera replacement from $65-$120.
Both camera input 12V, output video signal. But you need to splice the wires and reconnect.
See picture by Bill N.Y. Posted 03-15-2012 12:40 PM

#1 to red, #3 to black, #2 to yellow. #4 to white (if apply)

http://www.4ucam.com/accessories.html
Item#:HTN08 $65
Item#:HT633 $120.00

You can get a new replacement set with a 7" color LCD flat screen, plus Sony CCD camera, for $260.
From link below.
http://www.4ucam.com/Wired-CCD...IR-Night-Vision.html

You can reuse the exited cable wiring which runs from the existed camera to the monitor on the front. The connector will be different, however, just splice the color coded wires and reconnect on both sides. There are 4 wired in your old wiring, which can be used to reconnect to new camera and new monitor.

Email me, if you have any question - joeasdf@yahoo.com

Posts: 2 | Location: Fremont, CA | Member Since: 10-08-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post