Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

6.5L TD pusher need radiator fan, help
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi everyone, I could use some help. I understand that the 1994 Breakaway 28le 6.5l GM diesel is probably the same Spartan Chassis that I have. I desperately need a radiator fan for this application. If anyone can help me find a salvage yard that may have a radiator fan for this model I would be most grateful. I admit that I do not know that much about Barth, but my 1994 Georgie Boy Swinger has evidently the same chassis as the 1994 Breakaway 28le 6.5l GM diesel. I have just finished overhauling the engine and upgrading the instrumentation on the Georgie Boy, then quite a fiasco with the hydroboost brake system. I got it all sorted finally, the engine purring, the brakes perfect, on my fifth and final test drive, even after doing my walk around (preflight) I had left an errant battery powered shop light somewhere above the radiator. It finally fell into the radiator fan and brought my high to the lowest low. I thought that finally my wife and I would be able to escape Covid for a while and do some camping. Well, there is no salvage yard that I have not contacted on the internet for RVs. Non, have any time to search for chassis types, or do not have 1994 Georgie Boys for salvage, I just happened to search for 6.5 pushers and found your web site. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Jeff

Posts: 2 | Location: Southwest Washington state | Member Since: 03-07-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what happened with my post, but here is the text again:

Hi everyone, I could use some help. I understand that the 1994 Breakaway 28le 6.5l GM diesel is probably the same Spartan Chassis that I have. I desperately need a radiator fan for this application. If anyone can help me find a salvage yard that may have a radiator fan for this model I would be most grateful. I admit that I do not know that much about Barth, but my 1994 Georgie Boy Swinger has evidently the same chassis as the 1994 Breakaway 28le 6.5l GM diesel. I have just finished overhauling the engine and upgrading the instrumentation on the Georgie Boy, then quite a fiasco with the hydroboost brake system. I got it all sorted finally, the engine purring, the brakes perfect, on my fifth and final test drive, even after doing my walk around (preflight) I had left an errant battery powered shop light somewhere above the radiator. It finally fell into the radiator fan and brought my high to the lowest low. I thought that finally my wife and I would be able to escape Covid for a while and do some camping. Well, there is no salvage yard that I have not contacted on the internet for RVs. Non, have any time to search for chassis types, or do not have 1994 Georgie Boys for salvage, I just happened to search for 6.5 pushers and found your web site. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Jeff

Posts: 2 | Location: Southwest Washington state | Member Since: 03-07-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I'm blowing smoke here, but can the fan be remove from the hub. If so you could find a chev fan of the same size and mount it backward creating a pusher fan rather than a puller.

Second option use an electric fan or two. Good luck.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Just buy a Flex Fan online. Measure the diameter, rotation direction and hole spacing. Not expensive.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post