Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Here another 5.9 puller. from previous post.diesle puller

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
So it has been sitting eight years? I assume it doesn't run so it would need to be towed? If it does run is it drivable? What about the generators and other equipment on board?

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Yes, the engine has not been run since first part of 2008; it was kept in full shade in my yard till I had it towed June 2015 to a diesel repair shop; the last time it was on the road was February 2008, and there were no issues. Generators ran, both roof A/C units ran, no issues with sink/sink plumbing & no issue with auxiliary A/C unit in the floor (engine driven) - the fridge wasn't getting cold and the batteries were dying in 2008.

Posts: 14 | Location: Gastonia, NC | Member Since: 01-22-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I have a couple questions about your Barth. You say you had it towed to a diesel repair shop in 2015, did they make any repairs, did they get it running? I will be in North Carolina (Raleigh area) in Sept. but to have any interest in your Barth I would need to know what would need to be done to drive it to Arizona.

Thanks
Bill

Posts: 1 | Location: Currently in Colorado | Member Since: 08-10-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill - thanks for your inquiry. I have had nothing done thus far; I lost my house at the time I had it moved and didn't have any money to get it up and running. I will call the diesel shop today and check in with them; I know it's going to need batteries...three at least. The tires should also be replaced before driving; as for the engine, they suggested that I start by replacing fuel filters/possibly fuel lines as there could be algae and gunk that could mess things up; actual fuel tank as well I would think. I will PM you this afternoon.

Posts: 14 | Location: Gastonia, NC | Member Since: 01-22-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Effective 8/13/2015, this coach is no longer for sale as stated in this post. It is being parted out before being scrapped; at this point, the only equipment removed are the generators (sold). For anyone interested in any other parts, please contact Doug's Diesel Service, Gastonia, NC, phone 704-824-7949. Ask for Doug Grigg or Tammy only. Payment to Doug's Diesel Service directly for parts/labor/shipping.

posted Hide Post
I was just wondering the state of this coach now? Did it sell? We just got a dynacoach on an 89 oshkosh john deere chassis, and these things are so rare... this is the closest I have found to mine.

Posts: 4 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 10-08-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Below is the contact information you are asking about Donna.

quote:
Originally posted by mammobarth:
UPDATE: Effective 8/13/2015, this coach is no longer for sale as stated in this post. It is being parted out before being scrapped; at this point, the only equipment removed are the generators (sold). For anyone interested in any other parts, please contact Doug's Diesel Service, Gastonia, NC, phone 704-824-7949. Ask for Doug Grigg or Tammy only. Payment to Doug's Diesel Service directly for parts/labor/shipping.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post