Tools
Reply To This Topic

1992 custom Barth mammo-van for sale
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of mammobarth
posted
Edit Bill N.Y. ~ 8/17 moved from Barth's for sale to swap meet central
quote:
For anyone interested in any other parts, please contact Doug's Diesel Service, Gastonia, NC, phone 704-824-7949. Ask for Doug Grigg or Tammy only. Payment to Doug's Diesel Service directly for parts/labor/shipping.

Hi - I have a custom built Barth that I've been holding onto in the hopes of refurbishing and putting back on the road; they truly are top of the line coaches. However, she's been in my backyard for 8 years without road time and I believe she deserves the TLC only a Barth lover can appreciate. One owner, custom built for a mobile mammography service in NC, I have all the paperwork including initial quotes, blueprints, schematics, and many maintenance records. I'm not sure how to post pictures, yet, so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Posts: 14 | Location: Gastonia, NC | Member Since: 01-22-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile! Pix aren't accessible.

More details would be welcome: Year, length, price, etc.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
A picture of the van is my avatar. It's a 1992, custom build, 33' coach with the following:

- data plate #9206-3801-33S13
- Oshkosh MC18FG chassis
- rebuilt Allison Transmission
- front axle: Heavy duty Rockwell I-beam suspension leaf springs with stabilizer bar
- rear axle: Dana HYPOID drive heavy duty suspension leaf springs with stabilizer bar
- "Ride Rite" air bag suspension both axles
- gasoline capacity 60 gallons (but has a leak near top of tank)
- Exterior West Coast mirrors
- Interior height 89.5" - variable as needed
- built up floor in rear "dark room"
- dual generators (I'll have to get details)
- 35' shore power cord
- Two Duotherm central air conditioners, ducted (front one was purchased brand new 7/2005 before the mammography program closed 8/2005)
- HWH leveling jacks
- plumbing and wiring for x-ray machine
- toilet and 2nd water tank
- on board water capacity - 40 gallons
- lead lined walls/doors in x-ray room (back part of coach - some has already been removed)

The interior has been gutted of all medical equipment and furnishings; refrigerator, auxiliary A/C unit, and some overhead cabinetry remains. Entrance door leaks some as the manual awning was lost in a telephone pole side-swipe event. There is a leak over the driver's seat; the side cargo door/emergency exit with two dead-bolts seems okay. It was used as a storage building/office for my bicycle rental biz I offered out of my home. The exterior step - electric, automatic, was damaged when towed to current location in Gaston County, NC.

I worked for this company from October 1996 to 2006 (dissolution). I am familiar with most all upgrades/repairs, etc during this time. There are two generators - one on the left side of coach (a 15 kva Onan??) and a giant one in the back - it's a Kubota installed around 1997/98 (not sure of size, but it was able to run the whole unit self-contained including 220v x-ray machine and film processor).

Price? As is right now (April 29), $3,000 - negotiable. Like a little girl with a pony in the city, I have no where for her to go; she deserves a Barth home.

If anyone can guide me as to how to link up pictures, I'd appreciate it - I have many. Thanks

Posts: 14 | Location: Gastonia, NC | Member Since: 01-22-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Here is the data tag

Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
More pics:

Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
UPDATED: I have the actual Bill of Sale Description for this vehicle that lists exactly how this coach arrived:

Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Also have most original paperwork, floor plan, and many maintenance records:

Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Front of coach (June 2015)

Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Leak over driver:

Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Looking rear at mid-coach:

Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Rear bumper:

Picture of mammobarth
posted Hide Post
Currently parked at a local garage:

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
WOW, This is really a unique BaRTH!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mammobarth:
Here is the data tag

In the Map the BaRTHS data tag project I found one other Diesel Puller. Maybe Doorman, or Nick Cagle could educate us with some information from the data tag posted here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nick and I looked over a 40' Barth of unknown history parked at a local (Augusta, GA) tech school. I crawled underneath, and it had a Cummins, which appeared to be a 5.9L, awfully small for that size coach.

There is an Iveco Barth in the UK, also a diesel puller.

One of the older Barthmobilers had a FrED, but I can't recall who.

In any event, they're rare Barths.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post