Forums    Swap Meet Central    reman cummins 8.3 never used.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

reman cummins 8.3 never used.
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted
I found a 2005 cummins diesel reman.never used 8.3 series C2103 listed in www.govdeals.com

when you open that site go to vehicle parts & assc. for more info & picture.

May be a good find if you need it.

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Have any Cummins 8.3 Regency owners ever needed to put a reman engine in their coach? Or had to rebuild their engine? They are all getting old now.
Just wondering. Ours has 59k miles and I think it is just now starting to get broken in.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how hard would it be to install it in 35' Regency in place of the D-8.2 or if it would even fit.

We still have the 35 and it would be nice to see it back on the road again.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Is there a drive shaft on the MCC chassie between tranny and rear end? Confused

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
8.3 Cummings can't be much bigger than the 8.2 Detroit. Bill NY will be able to tell us for sure.

8.3L is a straight 6; the 8.2L is a V8, so the former is longer.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Rusty has a point. There is a short drive shaft between the tranny and rear end. It would be nice to find out the length of the Cummins. There isn't much room between the rad and the fan unit but if the rad for the cummins is a side mount then the engine could be moved back where the rad was. A rebuilt 8.2 is around $8000. plus installation so if the cummins could be bought at the right price and if it would bolt up to the older trans the retrofit cost might be worth it.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
The cummings engine has been sold!

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I think it went for just a little over $3000.

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
I looked at it just before the bid closing and it was $3050. Tried to get back on but couldn't get the final number.

It sounded like a good idea but probably not for me.

I may just sell it as is. Good deal for someone!