Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Trailer Aluminum
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Todd
posted
Does anyone know of a wrecked or damaged trailer. I would like to purchase some of the exterior aluminum.
Thanks.
Todd
212 354 8817

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
If you can't find it used the aircraft suppliers can likely help..
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/index.html
try this source, type in "aluminum sheet" in the search box. Numerous sizes and thicknesses

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
wrecked or damaged trailer. I would like to purchase some of the exterior aluminum.

unless you only need small pieces you may find a few too many rivet holes in reclaimed trailer/Rv skin

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
If it is for a front window protector why not use fiberglass for the shade/ protector that you can see thru when it is down.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
I have the opening where the Hot Water heater went. It has it's own cover. I am moving it to where the refrig. was.If I found a wrecked trailer I would buy some skin. I'm sure I can find soimeone with a brake to bend me some though.

Thanks.

Hope to bring my baby home this weekend & finish working here.

Todd

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 22 foot 1969 Barth Continental. I need
a few parts such as the small access door assy
located to the lower right of the front door as shown.

I resized and sent to Photobucket - Rusty

Posts: 1 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Member Since: 11-11-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hemi354az (FMC #120)
posted Hide Post
Many Municipal Airports have one or more FBOs (Fixed Base Operator) that do aircraft repair and maintenance. There is usually a really good aircraft (ALUMINUM !) sheet metal guy there that can make almost anything needed.
Bend ON! Lou, FMC #120

Posts: 36 | Location: Shopsdale, Aridzona | Member Since: 09-07-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post