Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Sign
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Picture of Cantrade
posted
I thought you might like to see a small sign that I just finished. I used Inkscape to create a vector file of the logo and Carbide Create to do the rest of the wording. Then I carved the sign in Pecan using my Shapeoko XL CNC router. Then I painted the face of the sign and let it dry. I sanded off the flat portion leaving the letters colored. Varnish coating completed the sign. We plan to hang the sign outside when we are camping in the Breakaway.

I'll try this link to the photo after this appears in the forum and if it doesn't work I'll fix it.

1993 Breakaway 33'. Cummins 6BTA5.9 with Bosch injection. Upped to 260 HP or so. Third owner.

"If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well!!" Cummings Law

Posts: 140 | Location: Central New Mexico | Member Since: 04-18-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I see a small business opportunity! I would order one if the price is right. Smiler

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cantrade
posted Hide Post
Hey Mary,

This sign is about 5.5" x 11". It is made on a Pecan base but I am going to look around for a more suitable wood. Pecan is way too hard and difficult to get also.

I don't do this to make money so how about $20 + a small amount of shipping cost. Let me know if you want one and what you would like for your sign to say. I suppose you want the logo to remain as it is. After all, that is what makes it unique.

Don

1993 Breakaway 33'. Cummins 6BTA5.9 with Bosch injection. Upped to 260 HP or so. Third owner.

Posts: 140 | Location: Central New Mexico | Member Since: 04-18-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Don, $20 sounds reasonable to me. The cursive is Right on for matching the original Barth cursive.
Would you like me to ask Rusty to move this topic to swap meet?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Price is right and I have seen similar signs made of cedar. Will have to give consideration concerning what I want put on it. What would be the easiest way to send money to you.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cantrade
posted Hide Post
Hi Kevin,

I really didn't post with the intention of selling these things but it looks like there may be some interest. I was just really happy to duplicate the logo in a wood carving and wanted to share it with your forum members.

Let's go ahead and move it to the other section and see what happens.

Don

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Don, $20 sounds reasonable to me. The cursive is Right on for matching the original Barth cursive.
Would you like me to ask Rusty to move this topic to swap meet?

posted Hide Post
Neat idea and excellent execution. for shipping it might qualify for media mail or you could trim it to fit in a padded flat rate envelope.

Posts: 81 | Location: golden valley, az | Member Since: 02-05-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
'92 Breakaway owner. Would consider it a big favor if somehow I could end up with one of these. "Ted and Brenda's '92 Breakaway Barth". Happy to send funds in advance. PM if you prefer. THANKS ALOT.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cantrade
posted Hide Post
I sent you an email message to the address listed in the "public" section of your account.
Your Breakaway sounds much like ours except for the length and boosted hp. We like it so far and have driven it from Central NM to Key West. I'll start on your sign and send you a screen shot for verification before I carve it.

Don

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
If you get on a roll with this let me know,would like one to.
Steve.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cantrade
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

I am just about ready to produce a few. I think by the end of next week they will be done. Although Murphy is always hanging around Barth projects so who knows?
Anyway, the signs are $27.00 including postage. Let me know what you want to say on the sign and I'll get it into the order schedule. (Sounds like this is a big operation but it really is nothing like that!)

Don
dgcantrade@gmail.com

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Wow, Don it's absolutely beautiful. Wife's honored having been included. What the heck, it having been done, I figured I may as well take the credit. ROTFLMAO

Would post a picture if it didn't look like the above picture, and if Brenda's kitchen floor looked as clean as Bonnie's. Sleeping

All kidding aside, Don it's absolutely beautiful. Thank you.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I want one!!!!! Mary's Barth is what I want on it.
Send me the total price to mray12@netzero.com and tell me your name and address so I can fill out the check.

1-731-538-3775 is my home number if you need to call me

Mary Ray
6192 minnick Elbridge road
Obion, tn

Mary

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
According to my bank you should receive the check the 23rd. Small delay on my part due to eye surgery.

Mary

Picture of Cantrade
posted Hide Post
O.K. I'll mail the sign today. It looks good!

Don