Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

accordion folding door for Barth Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of srockn77
posted
For some reason the back accordion folding door on my Barth was removed and I'd like to replace it. Any suggestions that would be a good fit and good quality?

Posts: 23 | Location: California | Member Since: 06-08-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem, went to home depot they have them in several colors, I did need to cut the bottom off it was a bit to long, I strap it open with a piece of Velcro and use a magnetic clasp to hold it closed when needed.

I got a white one, should have got a brown one to match the paneling.

Good luck

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2046 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Have you considered a "barn" type door or possibly building a pocket door ?

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of srockn77
posted Hide Post
Had no idea Home Depot sold something that could work! I'll have to check them out!
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
I had the same problem, went to home depot they have them in several colors, I did need to cut the bottom off it was a bit to long, I strap it open with a piece of Velcro and use a magnetic clasp to hold it closed when needed.

I got a white one, should have got a brown one to match the paneling.

Good luck

Posts: 23 | Location: California | Member Since: 06-08-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of srockn77
posted Hide Post
I don't want to take any more space than necessary, so a barn door will cut into my limited space walking around the corner with the door slid open. A pocket door takes away the interior space of the adjacent closet. The accordion type door seems to be the least space consuming. I wouldn't need it but I'm taking my mom with my wife on a camping trip to Pismo Coast Village this month and that will give some more privacy. If you haven't been there, it's a great spot in a sleepy old beach town, although it's grown a lot over the last 10 years. Highly recommend it!

quote:
Originally posted by Harold,Cat&Sam:
Have you considered a "barn" type door or possibly building a pocket door ?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srockn77:
For some reason the back accordion folding door on my Barth was removed and I'd like to replace it. Any suggestions that would be a good fit and good quality?

How-a-bout a shower type curtain. Quick,cheap and tacky. Sorry ROTFLMAO

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of srockn77
posted Hide Post
I like tacky. Wifey? Not so much... haha!

quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
quote:
Originally posted by srockn77:

How-a-bout a shower type curtain. Quick,cheap and tacky. Sorry ROTFLMAO
ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO Smiler

posted Hide Post
We purchase an rv pleated shower door from eBay and cut it
at the bottom to fit the hight of our shower door minus about
2” inches to help the shower with the ventilation and we are very
Pleased with the results, not very expensive...

Rico & Carmen

Posts: 43 | Location: Houston Texas  | Member Since: 12-03-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post