Forums    Swap Meet Central    Looking for a diesel pusher.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Looking for a diesel pusher.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
What was done to the engine? There are several mods to make it significantly more durable and reliable. I have only one more mod to make to my engine.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty
I was able to get a modified 6.5l engine from a hummer dealer, these engines are modified for the military an these hummers, larger water jackets for cooling, more nickel in the casting to run cooler, larger oil pumps larger water pumps,, sure is a big difference in HP, lots of power,

Mark

Posts: 5 | Location: Brooks Alberta Canada | Member Since: 04-26-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If that's an AMG with the 18:1 compression ratio, dual thermostats, and Hi-cap water pump, it's a considerable upgrade, worth on the high side of $8K. The engine in my coach is a near relative (although I had it custom built with extras).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keirn and Carolyn:
We love our Monarch. You might consider one too.
Keirn Rush
---I will second that.I purchased my 34ft monarch last feb.I lucked in by running across it 150 miles south of Campbell river.My add ons are-oil pressure and over heat alarms,and a air pressure alarm that buzzes at 60psi.I plan to tour the island this year.I paid 36grand for it,well worth it,as I spent less than a thousand on it.I cant believe the raves I get.there is no mimicry in a barth monarch.Wally 34ft monarch 8.3 Cummings-6 speed Allison trans.sparton chassis.One very pleased barth monarch owner.I came across a monarch made by another co.Beware!Good luck!Wally Vancouver island.

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post