Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Barth owners Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Tell us your stories here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased an 89' regency from a gentalman in New Jersey, my wife and i talked to him Sunday around 10am went to the airport told them I needed to go to Philly and he picked me up at the airport. I looked it over and got it headed west. It was having some issue with the charging system and the lights were getting pretty dim on the NJ turnpike! This was about 1:30 am so found a truck stop shut it down close to the garage. Bought 4 batteries, I knew they were suspect but the charging issue was a loose lead so borrowed some tools and tightened everything up and the road service guy at the truck stop gave me a ride to battery wholesale store free of charge! From that point it was pretty smooth sailing. Just fixing some small stuff and getting things squared away. Can't believe how well it's made and how serviceable the machine is!!! Very impressed, a few things have been (fixed) over the years, hot water heater is elec. only as well as the fridge. But my wife and I, Joy are expecting and we share a love of drag racing and it will tow one of the cars great and give us and our future racer a great place to stay for the weekends!

Posts: 6 | Location: Tulsa,ok | Member Since: 08-27-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site. You have come to the right place!

These coaches were well made and as we have said, you can fix them faster than they break. mechanic

Good luck with your project. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5161 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so i've taken a couple of pics of the data plate but cant quite figure out who to send them too? found the name plate project but how to up load? thanks

Posts: 6 | Location: Tulsa,ok | Member Since: 08-27-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Send them to me and I'll upload to Photobucket.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tried to e-mail but wasn't allowed?
if you would e-mail me i'll forward the pics to you. thanks

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
email on the way; I forgot - you have to have 10 posts to unlock the email addies.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a dream come true. No computers in this for sure. 1971 Barth limited with a rebuilt 400 in it. I'm in love all over again. I've been told this is that is Looked for due to the short block 400 in it. Is this so? Also I don't find many 71 models. Does anyone know how many there are or where made?

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 09-23-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the world of Barth. Checking the Data tag project (Thank you Nick for all work on this. ) around 100 built in 1971. How many were title as 1971's is hard to know.

The rare part of your year coach is the windshields. So far no one on this forum has come up with a replacement source for them.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello. I'm not sure if this is the best place to introduce myself But I figured you all could point me in the right direction.
Just over a year and a half ago(through a tragic twist of events)I found myself Living in my car at the beginning of winter. After about 3 months of looking on Craigslist for something I could afford, and that didn't look like a piece of junk. one day I found an add for this 1975 Barth class C 19' motorhome that looked to be in good shape. I had never heard of a Barth before But the add said it was all aluminum so I figured that at least the body would be ok and weather proof.
I had a friend drive me out to this guys farm to take a look at it. the man said that it was out of propane but that everything worked. He started it. It started up the first time he turned the key. He seemed like a vary nice and honest older man, so I made the deal and my adventure began.
As it turned out Nothing worked! And I almost blew up my boss and myself the next day when we tried to light the oven, after filling the propane tank.
As it stands now I have been Living Fulltime in my barth for just over a year now.
I have had all the propane lines fixed/replaced.
All the water lines have been replaced with pex pipe but still do not have the water running yet because I'm fixing the water tank.
the stove and oven work but the furnace and hot water heater still do not.
I have a Honda 3000watt silent running generator I bought on CL but never use. and 3 solar panels I got from harbor freight.(cheep but work well)
the fridge works but I never have 110ac to run it on. I sometimes use it as an Icebox and just buy bags of Ice. The AC fan works but it does not cool the air. (no freon I think.)
Put in a new radiator core and heater core.
Built a Wifi antenna on the roof so I can pick up hotspots in parking lots.
Put in all new rear suspension. (back end is higher then the front right now)
And I have done a bunch of other things that don't really spring to mind at the moment.
Everybody I know thinks I'm crazy, But honestly I'm having the time of my life!
I will try to put up some photos when I have extra time in the next few days.
Also would love to know if any others are full timing in there Barth?

Fulltimer: Homeless by choice Smiler

Posts: 30 | Location: On the road | Member Since: 10-12-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post