Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fall Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Hocking hills again?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
At the risk of another frustrating letdown I would like to go for sure!

I will be in Canada June 6-15. After that the marathon Barth session begins... Engine swap, radiator fix head bang rear axle, final fuel system mods, new windshields and wheel well work. confusion Mechanic
Once I'm done it will be back to "have Barth, will travel" hopefully for good. Should be ready by mid July I hope. August is good, too. Mi has lots of state parks but they are often booked all summer by now...

Let's run with this! I missed you guys, this would feed my Barth junkie again.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Barthtober, October 17th-19th. Will post more shortly under GTG.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I suggest GREAT LAKES states rather than merely Wolverines and Buckeyes (esp since the latter are such a bunch of NUTS ;^)

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sep/Oct would be good, kids back at school, not too hot and bugs are way down. I'm itching to get back on the road already.

Like Mark said we should get as many as we can, who cares where they come from? We do have a fair number of Mi folks we haven't seen for a while; Jeff & Joy, Patch & Cloudy, Chris & Tina, Dick & Rose to name a few. It would be good to get together.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Was thinking heading further west would be a good idea for a GTG. More central might bring in the west coast guys.

Fred & Cindy Cook

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good idea! (It always makes me laugh when we refer to Ohio, Indiana, etc as the MIDwest. Heck, we're not even across the Mississippi!)

I missed the GTG at Branson, maybe that would be good again.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Mrtgobl
posted Hide Post
I would like to attend one someday. Maybe someone will plan one in the south east in the near future.

Posts: 11 | Location: Boaz, Al | Member Since: 05-26-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jax:
Was thinking heading further west would be a good idea for a GTG. More central might bring in the west coast guys.

Fred & Cindy Cook

I think that will happen for the group as a whole. Some might want a separate regional meet, which is what this thread is about.
It was fantastic to have people come to Goshen from CA and FL and other distant origins. I realize that it is a major undertaking and co$tly.
It was by the Grace of God that I was able to keep the (Dr. Yale's) Breakaway chugging away from Arizona to Michigan to California to Michigan. Subsequently, new owner (Ric) made it back to the left coast with little or no trouble in between.

A much shorter trip is one that is less stressful and co$tly, enabling more/different people to attend. I lost count of the number of MI and OH people who went to Goshen. I would hope that they, and others, could make it to a great lakes meet. The GTG's in the South have been advantageous for people. Quite a few organizations have a roving national meet along with assorted (smaller) regional meets.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mrtgobl:
I would like to attend one someday. Maybe someone will plan one in the south east in the near future.

The 8th Annual Barth GTG at Hillsborough River State Park will be early December.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post