Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

For the health of our members Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
In no particular order, but we can all pool our prayers and thoughts for the members that need them.

• Mwrench, for continuing to be cancer FREE.
  • Steve VW continued recovery from double hernia.
  • Lynn to regain her strength and get answers to her health problem.
  • Rusty for his hurricane Irma issues.
  • Donna and Nick in dealing with cancer.
  • Doug Smiley in dealing with Non-Malignant Brain Tumour

This is just what I can think of this evening. There are sure to be others that need a kind word, Thoughts and Prayers. Computer Post them below and I will add to this list. Salute
May good health and safe travels be with each and every member here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Wonderful idea, Kevin. Remember Nick and Donna Cagle, both of whom are battling health issues.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Thoughts and Prayers!! Here is an update on the Cagle family's health.

I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma (bone marrow cancer) caused by exposure to agent orange in Viet Nam. The diagnosis was in February, 2012. I was told I had 2 to 3 years to live. That was 6 1/2 years ago, so we've made liars out of those suckers!! I still have treatments on an ongoing basis and they sometime interfere with our travel plans. Can't be on the road and having infusions at the VA in Augusta, GA at the same time. All in all I still feel fairly well most of the time and am able to do most of the things I want. Just might take awhile!

Donna was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years ago. I told her that was carrying this togetherness stuff to the extreme. At the time we discussed doing a double mastectomy with her doctors but they ensured her that one breast was clear and cancer free. So she had the cancerous breast operated on and begin to go through the follow up treatments. Sure enough half way through the treatments they told her the other breast was indeed cancerous and she would have to go through another mastectomy. She has since had reconstructive surgery and has to take a drug for five years.

In summary we are both doing well and enjoying life. Married 54 years this last anniversary and looking forward to as many more as we can.

Again, Thanks for the Thoughts and Prayers. Hope to see all of you on the road.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Thanks for the Thoughts and Prayers!! That was 6 1/2 years ago, so we've made liars out of those suckers!!

In summary we are both doing well and enjoying life. Married 54 years this last anniversary and looking forward to as many more as we can.

Again, Thanks for the Thoughts and Prayers. Hope to see all of you on the road.

Nick
Thumbs Up Way to go Donna and Nick. Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for your kind words and thoughts. I am up and around! Worked on the coach yesterday and I am feeling good. After 4 days of lounging I was bored and had to do something.

My thoughts go out to Dana and Lynn, she is on her way back but she took a whoopin'.

I did not make the trip to the UP. I spoke with Mom Fri morning, thankfully. She died in her sleep Fri afternoon, 86 years old. She was kind and loving, and a tough hero for me.

Made it through appendicitis as a kid, raised 4 kids, hysterectomy later, hernia repair, two hip replacements, one shoulder, one knee. Double mastectomy cancer surviver. Had emergency surgery for bowel blockage from the appendix surgery 40 yrs before, later pacemaker and ablation in the heart. Fell and broke her collarbone this spring, just got up and around when the stroke finally got her.

A great woman whose time had come. We are all relieved she is at peace.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Steve, your mom sounds like an incredible person. A passage comes to mind: "Well done my good and faithful servant."
There is a poem by Henry Scott Holland. I hope it brings some comfort to you.

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect.
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you.
For an interval.
Somewhere. Very near.
Just around the corner.

All is well.

Nothing is past; nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before only better, infinitely happier and forever we will all be one together with Christ.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:

I spoke with Mom Fri morning, thankfully. She died in her sleep Fri afternoon, 86 years old.
A great woman whose time had come. We are all relieved she is at peace.
Sorry Sorry for the passing of your MOM, but she has gone on to keep a more watchful eye on you and Liz and the rest of your family.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Steve I am not sure when we talked but it was before she went. I am deeply saddened to hear about your Mom. Time is our most valuable possession.

Nick and Donna keep kickin and defeating the odds. None of us has an expiation date anywhere on our body.

Everyone else keep the faith and heal or stay well!

Lynns on the way back to health.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness there is so much going on. Sometimes we do take our good health for granted, that it will always be great. Our prayers will be with each of you so that God will be by your side you as you fight the fight and heal. Best wishes to all.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Lynn has always told me she would be the first to go. I told her to quit trying to be right all the time Sorry

Humor is healthy.....

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post