Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Geneva on the Lake Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/16
Picture of Kevin
posted
It is right on Lake Erie

Posts: 2560 | Location: Northeast , Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The state park was full last weekend,we stayed at Willow Creek which is on rt534 about 2mi from the park. Mostly seasonals, we stayed in the newest section. Grass has not fully filled in yet but it has 70! Foot pull through sites in that section. Gate is passcoded as well as the nice new shower house / restroom. $35/nite. Free wifi if you have an antenna. Lots to do on the Geneva on the lake strip. August is pretty full for me but might make a Sat nite before the week of the 18th

Mac
'93 Breakaway

Posts: 27 | Location: Chardon Ohio | Member Since: 02-16-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed you guys, looks like a good time. I keep getting sidetracked, as usual.

Even before the surprise deal on the VW bus I was thinking about getting a different truck. The old trusty 94 Ranger is still running well but only has a bumper hitch and struggles to pull my 19 ft boat. I was thinking vaguely of something a bit bigger, receiver hitch and 4WD.

Sure enough, last week my neighbor put his 04 Silverado out in the yard with a sign. 4WD, heavy suspension, 4.8L V8, new discs all 4 wheels, towing package good for 7,000 lbs. On the way home after I bought it (4 houses away) I sold my Ranger to a guy painting my other neighbor's house!

Spent a couple days going over it, no problems. New belts and hoses and it's good to go. Now it's back to 86Barth. About 2 more days work and I will be ready to start it up. Still needs radiator and hoses installed and cooling system filled. All the fuel injection, fuel lines, throttle cable, electrical harness left to go also.

I'm still planning on doing some running in September and to Barthtober. Was hoping to catch you and HelenJo one way or the other. (As I recall you were booked for the Barthtober weekend.) Looking forward to seeing you again.

8607-3346-33TFPOB------9708-M0037-37MM-01
86 Regal SE 33 Tag axle--"98" Monarch 37
Chev P3(7) 454TBI--------Cummins 8.3 300 hp
400 hp fuel injected-------6 spd Allison, Spartan MM

Posts: 3217 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post