Forums    Pictures of My Barth    our barth.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

our barth.
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of hinkeyville barth
posted
recently acquired 1965 24 ft barth travel trailer had not heard of barth until now.

plan on doing some redecorating. but is in pretty good physical shape. am excited to get started on it.

peg.

Posts: 5 | Location: iowa | Member Since: 06-28-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Looks like one of the nicest, original ones left out there.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Somebody took seriously good care of that one. Congrats. Thumbs Up

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your purchase - if you have the serial # we would be interested in it for our files. We are currently attempting to collect these from the remaining Barths.

It is, or should be, located by the entrance door and it'll look like this.

If not, you'll find it on the tongue area.

It should also be the same as the VIN# on your registration.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok. i will check it out.

Posts: 5 | Location: iowa | Member Since: 06-28-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow looks like it is in very good shape. You will find this site useful I am sure. Welcome to Barthland!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
A review of the states shows that trailers, by and large, have Bills of Sale and not titles. Since they are non powered most do not have a VIN. In your case a Bill of Sale and the serial number should all you need to get a plate or sticker.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I have bought a trailer from Florida and one from California, when I went to register them in the state of Tennessee I found out they both require a title.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
I have bought a trailer from Florida and one from California, when I went to register them in the state of Tennessee I found out they both require a title.

Same in AZ.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
Illinois also. Even my 4x8 utility trailer has a title here.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
OK, that's four States yes and one no, so far.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Because the wheels touch the ground, NY state requires a vehicle registration with a vin#. Campers that sit inside a pickup bed do not require a serial #.

NY realizes some vehicles never had a vin# - so they make you tow it to a State DMV area (Kingston for me) and they will inspect it to make sure there is no vin# or serial # stamped anywhere on the trailer - then, based on the year you brought it to them, they'll issue you a vin# of their own sequence if it passes inspection.

They also weigh it to see what class it falls into for brakes. It better have the appropriate items for 2011 or they won't allow you to register it.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we are in iowa. our camper has a title. i just haven't gotten it out to look at it yet.

thanks for the welcome. i am happy to find barthland. there is not a lot of info out there about the barths.

will keep you posted on my redecorating progress.

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hinkeyville barth:
will keep you posted on my redecorating progress.
Please keep this in mind... nothing is garbage. Your junk could be someone's long lost item to finish their restoration.

Todd, for example, is looking for a few items on his trailer and what you may throw out could really be useful to them. Just offer it up here first if you can.

Here is the forum we use to post stuff to give/sell or to request an item we might need. Swap Meet Central

Just saying... Wink

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Wisconsin only requires title and registration for trailers 3000# and over.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post