Picture of rp's barth
posted
How do you post pictures?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good to see you made the maiden voyage with no trouble.

Nice looking rig! If it is that nice inside you did very well. What projects have you planned for it?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Cool! Another glass nose. We saw DannyZ's at the FL GTG last year. You've got a rare one there.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Danny check your backyard ...

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
The inside is the big problem has leaked for some time and the ceiling is real bad!!!! Looks like a remove interior and replace so i might as redo the entire ceiling which means removing all the cabinets and from there i am not sure yet!!!!!! except the roof that should have been fixed in the first place, Have to make room in the Barn first and will probably start next Feb or March...

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

posted Hide Post
Just curious, how can this be a 1979 when the incomplete vehicle was notncompleted until 04/1981?

Posts: 20 | Location: Ceresco, Mi | Member Since: 10-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Some states require dating the model year the date of chassis build. Others follow the coach manufacturer's model year.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand the chassis date versus the coach manufacturers date, but if the chassis wasn't completed until 4/81 how can the coach manufacturer complete the coach in 1979?

Posts: 20 | Location: Ceresco, Mi | Member Since: 10-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That label is from the new coach rp's barth just got. The data tag he shows is from the one he recently sold.

Two different units.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
It can work to your advantage in some states. My old Barth (now owned by Tonka) was a 1997 model on a 1995 chassis. I think Barth was using up the rolling stock of inventory towards the end of their days. In NH, I was able to register it as a 95, saving beau-coup bucks. It took some explaining when I traded it though. I actually pointed the dealer to Barthmobile to verify that model and chassis years can be so different.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we see the data tag from the current Barth? I don't want to make a Federal case out of this, I would just like to understand what year it is. I also own a 22' Euro where the data tag says 1979 for the incomplete vehicle and 1981 mfg.date. Mine is registered as a 1981.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
My Barth has the same issue. The title says 1989 but as this photo shows, the chassis was delivered on 10/04/1985.

The original owners had problems getting warranty work done because GM said the motorhome chassis was out of warranty. Barth Inc. got it straighten out and the engine ended up getting replaced.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
I found the original tag on the wall above the driver and took a picture but it is not clear enough to read i will get a pen and write everything down and post it tonight, the other one was in the paperwork i got with the Barth, The Barth you see here is my old Barth that is a 1979 the new one is 1982 But was built in late 81,

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
If some of you are wondering why Barth would have inventory of chassis hanging around for several years, I think I understand how this could come to pass. It is likely that the chassis manufacturers required one-time buys at the start of each production run. This was very common in the boat industry too. RV manufacturers would get discounts based on their commitment volume. The catch being, they really were just guessing at what models would be hot and what not.

They would likely run specials on any inventory that was not moving well by giving their dealers special one-time discounts. Again, this is common in the RV industry at large.

The interesting thing about this scenario is that it works pretty well when the pace is moderate, but becomes hard to manage when time are very "hot" or very "not". When things slow down, it's just hard to get dealers to buy at any price. When things are running "hot", dealers may have order books for certain models that need to get built for customer orders, so the "not" inventory sits on the back lot until the factory catches up.

If any of you have ever worked in a manufacturing environment you may have a good appreciation for how hard it is to manage inventory, capital equipment and labor. In fact, you can just look in your cupboard and see the same effect. See those boxes of spaghetti you bought on sale 6 months ago, but there's a hole there on the olives you ate up and needs replacing. But the stores are all out of olives until next month! You swear to buy 5 times what you need when they become available again so you won't run out ever again. When you get to the store they have a sale - two cans of olives and you get a free box of spaghetti confusion Imagine those are chassis and you get the effect.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post