Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

'66 at the Mountain House
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted
For those of you who didn’t know, we bought another house back in March. It’s a log home on top of a mountain about 3 miles from the farmhouse. Since we bought the new house we’ve spent most of our time getting settled in, moving stuff and taking stuff we decided we didn’t want back to the farmhouse. We still haven’t finished moving. In the meantime we’ve left the Barths at the farmhouse and haven’t done a lot of work to either of them. The reason we haven’t brought one of them over is that our new house is on top of a mountain with some steep grades and switchbacks.

Since we're going to the Florida GTG we have to get some work done so last week I decided to go for it and brought the '66 to the Mountain House. I made it fine with no problems. Our trailer drags alot, so I was mostly concerned about dragging going around the switchbacks.

Here's the Barth at the new house.

And looking off the other side.

Here's my favorite sittin' spot at the new house.

As I said we haven't done much to the '66, but we're taking it to FL anyway. The PO's had pulled out the paneling forward of the kitchen so we're going to need to replace that. They also pulled up the floor and put down this green stick on tile that management says is going to have to go.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to get done before we leave, so you folks at the GTG just might get to see what the inside of a Barth looks like.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good place for the kids to practice thier music for the next GTG.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Darned if this doesn't look like Wolverton Mountain...Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Nice looking cabin and great location. I cringed a little not seeing wheel chocks under the Barth though Wink

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Don't worry Corey, the tongue jack doesn't have a wheel, so it would have to plow that puppy along to start rolling.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
wolverton_mountain.Big Grin

Don't have sound, but know the tune.

Now it will be running through my head for the rest of the day.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Beautiful site William - I'm envious!.....If the ATF isn't too active in your area, ya might think about expanding into the beverage business Big Grin cheers

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reason we haven’t brought one of them over is that our new house is on top of a mountain with some steep grades and switchbacks.

Beauty! ..looks like white tail country. Better stock up on venison, once the snow starts falling those switchbacks will be tough to navigate.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I can only imagine when the leaves were changing, seeing all the colors. Now I cannot get Wolverton mountain out of my head u-uhh. - join us next week for IRC (Ice road campers in the Appalachias).

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a sweet place! Hopefully out of the tornado alley but it looks pretty stout either way. Nice place to sit...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post