Forums    Pictures of My Barth    A BaRTH is rebuilt in Denmark.
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A BaRTH is rebuilt in Denmark.
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post

I give up Violence Photobucket

Posts: 27 | Location: Denmark | Member Since: 11-24-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
darn it. Send the pics to Steve VW and he'll put them in for you probably. Steve, hope you don't mind me suggesting this.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, PhotoBucket. head bang Sadly, I believe we have missed many pics because of it. NOT user friendly. Frowner

I just received a bunch of remarkable photos. I will post them when PB is ready!

So far no luck. Keep checking they are worth it.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tim,
How is Denmark faring with the pandemic?

You had a link early on to the restoration of your caravan(?) Could you do the same with the Barth pics since PB is so difficult?
Hope all is well.

Tere Bianchi

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
Denmark is doing well Our prime minister chose to shut down the whole country from March to June, that slowed the pandemic down, But the number of infections is rising again hereafter summer.

I will consider creating a website with my project, I just think it's a shame if the project not can be on Barthmobile with pictures. I'm afraid that Barthmobile will die out if the problem with pictures is not solved. Frowner

Posts: 27 | Location: Denmark | Member Since: 11-24-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Tim I have the same concern.

I still have 40 pictures of yours ready for display, as well as some of my own. It appears that PhotoBucket may be in trouble, which puts our site in great danger also.

There have been efforts to correct the problems but obviously not successful so far. I posted the last new photo back in May....

Hoping things will improve with photos and with Covid-19, as the USA has chosen to lead the world in cases and deaths and do almost nothing to change it. head bang

Good luck to us all..

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Iowa is a unique study in covid, our state opened earlier than most states, for awhile we did pretty well in keeping the cases and death rate down. Then the colleges opened, we have about a 55/45 mix of in state to out of state and international students. Our cases increased like crazy! My point being one group of people not living up to their responsibilities can sway the whole country. We Americans feel free to do as we please even though it may adversely affect other more vulnerable groups of people.

This may also apply to our PB problem, if posting pictures is a big need for our group. We may need to keep PB in case it recovers, but start using a new provider and if we can not recover our old stuff from PB so be it. Just do it Bill!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine had a standard line, "You can not make anything fool proof. Fools are too ingenious!"
Looking back at my time as a youth in college I think it would have been applicable.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Iowa is a unique study in covid, our state opened earlier than most states, for awhile we did pretty well in keeping the cases and death rate down. Then the colleges opened, we have about a 55/45 mix of in state to out of state and international students. Our cases increased like crazy! My point being one group of people not living up to their responsibilities can sway the whole country. We Americans feel free to do as we please even though it may adversely affect other more vulnerable groups of people.

This may also apply to our PB problem, if posting pictures is a big need for our group. We may need to keep PB in case it recovers, but start using a new provider and if we can not recover our old stuff from PB so be it. Just do it Bill!!!!

Sounds like a good idea to me. There are a lot of younger people out there interested in Barths and other old motorhomes. But they are a generation that thrives on visual material. Pictures!! We won't get them unless it's very easy for them to down load pictures. FB currently has over 500 members on its' Barth group and they are an active bunch and have lots of pics and ideas to share.
Jim (aka Hum)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:

I can't help but make a response. I did some stupid things when I was in my late teens and early 20s. But I knew where the line was where my actions would hurt others. I had been taught it by my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, teachers, coaches, pastors, priests, ministers, Boy Scout leaders, and countless others. And I watched as countless men and women died defending our country. Those values have to be passed down from one generation to another, to another. If they are not, these values become archaic, a joke, laughable. We are seeing that today. We have lost much of what made America great. Can we recover it? It's not a thing about youth or gen z or whatever. It's about our culture.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Jim; I agree I believe the culture has migrated toward "me first". Sure would ne nice to recover Kennedys' Quote and modify it a bit to..."Ask not what your culture can do for you, but what you can do for your culture"!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Then we got old and don't have the energy to get in trouble anymore. You are right about the culture thing. I am lucky enough to have a 22 year old son that is taking responsibility for himself. Works hard, bought a home saving some $$, But he wanders if its all going to taken away from him in this new attitude of equality. This is a change that I don't understand and I worry about my self. I hope that there is a silent majority of the younger generation that have hard working good parents as role models and follow in there mold.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
You've done a great job with your son. And there are a lot of others his age that have the same values. I just hope that this group of malcontents, that think the world owes them something, is a relatively small minority. They do seem to be well organized and even well funded.

Jim (aka Hum)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I suggest we revert to the Reagan concept of "the silent majority." What we see in the news is the sensational stuff that sells. Fear and hysteria sell... and get votes.

Reality is that many people do feel disenfranchised with the system. I believe that the majority of people around us work hard and care about each other, but are frustrated. Can't say I blame them. For the last 40 years, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer and more numerous.

The distribution of wealth is now more lopsided than any time in our history. "The economy is great" (if you are in the stock market) yet we have 31 million unemployed.
We have 4% of the world's population and 25% of the virus fatalities.

We can do better. We need to focus on taking care of each other, finding common ground, unifying the country, bringing up the little guy, not building walls...

Please let us be careful, be safe, and try to find a way to understand and help each other.

United we stand, divided we fall...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have 4% of the world's population and 25% of the virus fatalities.

If the NBC numbers are correct, we in the US have about 20% of the infections in the world and our death rate is just a bit less than the world wide average.

Considering that many countries put mandatory controls on its citizens, and only a few states here did, and we probably have a lot more testing than most countries, and our testing might bias the population percentage stats because a lot of testing is only taken by folks with symptoms.

My wife is addicted to eating out and we do not have relatives in the area, our outside interface is pretty high so we try to be as careful as possible.

There seems to be too many of us that do not follow the simple rules from the CDC, so are doing better than one might think.

In Clinton, my observation is about 30% wear masks, except in stores where they require them, about 30% also follow the 6 foot rule. Most that do obey these guidelines seem to be women 30 years and above. Young folks and men of any age "way" the least.

I also saw on TV that only 10% of the deaths were solely the result of the virus and they were mostly in the older population. To me this is really a curiosity, where did all these folks with a high susceptibility have contact!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine