Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Big Sleep
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Mother Nature has been kind and held off the snow but it will be soon.

Yesterday I took Barth out for a last ride. Quick 20 mile trip, all systems OK! The Gin in the water system seems to be working, too Smiler

Then I parked by the house... then I covered it up... all the time it was saying to me "when are we going to Florida?" So sad.

And now, it sleeps.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Steve. Looks like the pile of dirt won. We will check on it again this summer. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
YIKES, I should have looked at the 2nd and 3rd pictures. Tell your Wife it looks great. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We're not talking about who had to move "her" dirt after she waited till the pile froze... and don't forget the Christmas decorations.. no wonder I never get anything done! Smiler

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I winterized the Barth today - put a sweatshirt in it. ROTFLMAO

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
I winterized the Barth today - put a sweatshirt in it. ROTFLMAO

Rusty,

Let me know if you need any help. Down here in the south we don't need to go through that miserable routine. Tin Foil Hat Club

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Brag all you want but think of all the money I save on sunscreen! Rusty, I think you could at least put a sweatshirt ON Barth! (My blue body bag is 30' x 40' go with the Large size!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Our Barth got an early Christmas present this year and it is one that it will will remember for its youth. It started out with its orginal owner who also loved it very much to the point of keeping it in a heated warehouse . I just found a new parking place for it out of the cold in a garage. All who wander are not lost. Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Down here in the south we don't need to go through that miserable routine

Our routine is about a 10 minute get-ready, and we're on the road. Don't miss that cold stuff at all.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
There is hope! The big sleep is over! Monday, after an hour of sow/ice removal up on the slippery roof I got the tarp off. (Good way to break my neck) Put the carburetor back on, installed inline filter and fuel pressure gauge then it fired right up. Pulled forward and the loading/preflight began. (Pics will follow)

Mother Nature dumped snow but we'll be downstate Saturday and headed for Florida on Monday. Yeehaa!! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
WAY TO GO
looking like a good thing you were not planning on leaving tomorrow, based on WILX forecast.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post