Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

how to post pics
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of jjustin
posted
is there a user friendly app to post pics here?

Posts: 20 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Member Since: 05-12-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/16
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjustin:
is there a user friendly app to post pics here?

Please also send your photos to:

barth_upload.61972@uploads.photobucket.com

from an ordinary email and put "test" in the subject line exactly as you see it without the quotes.

No applications, No facebook, Just user friendly members. In your private messages you will find my phone number. I am in eastern standard time. Call after you have sent a five or less photos to the address above. I will teach you the "member friendly" procedure.

Cheers

Kevin

Posts: 2586 | Location: Northeast , Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The photobucket process can be tedious but once you get used to it, it is not that bad.

Remember, the reason we do this is to save valuable site memory space. We (Bill NY!) Superman are paying site fees based on memory use.

Since pics are often 1 meg or more, they eat up memory quickly. The text link we use to retrieve the photos from PB is a couple kilobytes. We can link about 500 pics from photobucket for the price of one photo uploaded directly. confusion

In addition, most direct posts seem to come out huge when uploaded, spanning several screens. When pics are sent to PB, they are automatically reformatted to fit when they are linked back to a BM.com posting.

Also, by sending the pics to PB we ensure that they will be there for good. If we link from other sources, the pics will display but we have found that over time many of the photos get deleted when the owner rearranges their files. All we get then is a dead link to a photo that no longer exists. (If you go back to some old threads here you will see many do not have photos displayed anymore because they were deleted when the original poster moved the pics and did not update the links.) If they are sent to Bill's PB account they remain with our site forever.

I will be the first to agree it is a bit tedious to use PB but I have now loaded hundreds (actually around 600) of pics in my how-to threads. I believe the photos add invaluable content to almost any posting, be it a how-to or simply a question about equipment.

Thanks to everyone in advance who will post photos on the site. They are a valuable part of our archives (even Confucious claimed 1 picture = 1000 words!)

Long live BM.com and the archives within. Thumbs Up

8607-3346-33TFPOB------9708-M0037-37MM-01
86 Regal SE 33 Tag axle--"98" Monarch 37
Chev P3(7) 454TBI--------Cummins 8.3 300 hp
400 hp fuel injected-------6 spd Allison, Spartan MM

Posts: 3230 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Steve VW. I knew we did get some much savings, and had no concept of the quantity saved with Photobucket. An even bigger reason that I will help with the picture posting process.
I teach the Photobucket posting procedure the old fashioned way. Members can choose a time when we can both be at our computers for a telephone chat. Mail the photos to the email address above, following the directions above exactly. Send me a Private Message and I will send you my phone number for your personal tutor session.

Saving of the GREEN for Barthmobile!
Steve by the way, well written post. Easy to read and understand. Fine grammar an spelling with proper punctuation.
Thumbs Up................................................................................................................................................................Thumbs Up

Posts: 2586 | Location: Northeast , Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
I was going to post a new topic in General Discussion, but instead decided to resurrect this topic.
My question to our viewing members is: Do you see Photobucket Ads on this slide show?
Does anyone here know how to remove the ad banner from the slideshow? I sure do hope there is an ad removed slide show. We the supporting members like the NO Advertisement policy on this site, and yet Photobucket is sneaking in banners with the slide show.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yes, I see the ads. You can make one go away by clicking on the 'x' but another one will take its' place.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3174 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
PhotoBucket is beginning to really irritate me... head bang
I have over 700 pics there and every one was a nuisance: ads, ads, and more ads, more crap, slow response. wack
But we do love our pics....

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

8607-3346-33TFPOB------9708-M0037-37MM-01
86 Regal SE 33 Tag axle--"98" Monarch 37
Chev P3(7) 454TBI--------Cummins 8.3 300 hp
400 hp fuel injected-------6 spd Allison, Spartan MM

Posts: 3230 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
How much would it cost to have something more friendly and would the members be willing to support it? There would be two classes of members--supporters with certain benefits and non-supporters with fewer benefits. I would sign up for annual dues of say $100.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3174 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
https://www.hoop.la/pricing.php

I think we better learn to like the Photobucket procedure.

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Wow! Lots of money to be made on the internet

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/08
Picture of MWrench
posted Hide Post
I have my own personal server that I use to load and post pictures, Yes I know this is not for everyone but I have to have services for my activity that does not have crap loaded on it or will down load to my computers. Banners are one thing, but internet scamming, phishing and all the schemes to get personal data is getting so bad, I don't trust any site, even my own has come under attack many times this past year.

I have posted lots of pictures here and will continue to use my personal devices to do so. I have triple back up so if my main servers go down I can quickly resurrect what was lost. I also change security systems regularly to try to keep up with and stay safe from the latest threats.

Several members have asked me to post on PB for Barth records, Sorry, I can not do that. I have looked at the idea of creating a server(s) for all Barth members but at this time my other activities will not allow me the time it takes to set up a suitable secure safe system.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
230 Cummins, Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC

Posts: 1895 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post