Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1989 33" Barth Regal SE
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi friends!

A couple months ago we got offered an insane deal to buy our Barth from a friend. We've been saving up and just signed her over into our name. So this weekend we'll be setting her up for winter, and figure out how all the things work.

I'll share a video of the inside once we're all settled in!

Much love,

Gabriella & Dillon

Posts: 20 | Location: Idaho | Member Since: 12-17-2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the wonder of Barth ownership!! Soon or already, you are a happy camper!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and Welcome Smiler

Happy Motoring Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Welcome

We are here to help if you need. There are lots of things even we have to guess but usually it is an educated guess. Tooling Along welcome again and hope to see you rolling down the road!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site! My first Barth was a 1986 33ft Regal SE. I really liked that coach, did a lot of projects and we drove it over 40,000 miles. The only reason I sold it was to get something a bit bigger for extended stay. We bought a 37 Monarch when we started spending 4-5 months in Florida each winter.

I hope you enjoy your 89 Regal SE as much as we did ours. If you search this site you will see many of my projects documented here. Brake work, engine and transmission changes, suspension and driveline mods. I replaced furnaces, ACs, water heater, upgraded to LED lights, cruise control, fuel system upgrades, radiator, etc.

Let us know how your Regal works for you. Looking forward to updates. Don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of experience here on the site. Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for this warm welcome!

We plugged Barth into electricity last night and had heating, which worked great! (very very exciting since it was -2 last night)

Using the overhead heaters for now, as the bottom vents need new ducting.

Today we'll walk through everything and see how it works. I am very very excited about all of this.

Previously we've had some mice in here. Curious if there's any hidden spots you're aware of in your RV that mice like to come in through.

Posts: 20 | Location: Idaho | Member Since: 12-17-2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Mice are insidious varmints that I believe can pass through solid objects. Shields Up they may use the force.

Seriously if air or light can get thru a mouse can. Look anywhere pipes or wires go through anywhere. Once a mouse finds a way in they scent the access point. Any passing mice get the message here is the way! The way! The way! To nirvana! Once they lay that scent trail until you seal that spot super well the parade will keep coming.

Spray foam is unbelievable to seal the spots. Spend the little bit more on the good spray foam. Fast Foam by loc-tite has UV resistance. It gives a denser consistent foam. I still use the cheap one to do sealed not exposed areas. If exposed to sunlight it turns brown and deteriorates. My Camp Barth (1972) sits most of the year and is skirted. Mice live underneath. So far none have gotten in. I spent days sealing the bottom. I also put 2” styrofoam on the majority of the underside. Camp Barth is a towed Barth. No motor or transmission.

Sorry to much info just some background and the exposure that Barth has. Most Barth’s are open underneath. No sealed underbelly on most.

Where are the most suspect areas?
Your electrical bays, where your main power comes in and where your 12 volt all come in.
The low point drains on the plumbing system.
Where your propane line go though to stove, furnace, refrigerator, water heater.
Where your water drains go thru to the grey and black tanks.

Most of those listed should be in sealed bays but sealed is subjective definition. If there is a gap they will try and get in.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
My "mouse detectors" (mouse traps) do not go off as much as they used to. Ditto on the foam sealant use, it made a big difference.

now if I could just make it ant-proof!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Never had a mouse in DBarth, Midnight I never had any but previous owners must have. I found 1 mummified by the furnace. Found nests on top of the diesel tank. Looked to big for mice. Nothing since I’ve had.

Ants I have not had. I worry when I park down south. Don’t know if fire ants would try and get in. Relatives are pretty religious about spraying for them. Betting they sprayed well around Midnight Thumbs Up

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth