Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My 67 Barth Airflow
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Hal & Jim

I haven't done much of anything as I'm waiting for parts to come in. I did install the shower faucet & handle but it's not plumbed as I am waiting for the pump. I am starting the Galley cabinets soon. I found a nice pc of Corian for the front cabinet/table, but everyone tells me that should be the same as the Galley cabinets. So! I didn't buy it. It was a discontinued patten & he doesn't have enough for more. Price triples if I go with open stock.

I want to buy an LED flat screen. Some are telling me that between the moisture in the trailer & the bumpy roads, it might not last as circuit boards won't take that pounding. Who knows. I'll find out from the Mfgs.

I bought a small refrig & microwave to see where it fits. Looking into an AC Unit. Then it's just sink & cook top. The simple things. Running gas & water lines, wall treatments, lights etc.

Todd

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
An LED TV is the most durable around. Even the CRT and flat-screen CCF TVs rarely fail in an RV.

IMHO, the front table/cabinet top would be better with a pattern different from the sink - it's an illusion typically used to separate areas visually.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Rusty
I think so also. If you go to the 1st post I added a couple more pictures. I started on the walls. I had 2 more guys for cabinet estimates, but nothing submitted yet. Thank God I'm not asking for anything difficult.
Todd

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Work has resumed after a long upsetting summer of not being able to find someone to do the cabinets. As it stands it's been 3 weeks since I left it by the guy & tonight I finally saw something. Hopefully I should bring it home this weekend to work on it.

Besides the cabinets I had the front 3 windows replaced with Laminated safety glass. All side windows are being replaced by Friday with a Grey tinted glass along with the 3 top panes in the door. The bathroom window will remain opaque.

If you click on the link on the fist post you will see what's done as of tonight. Now I have to think about what to do about the backsplash. I'm leaning towards tiles put up with construction adhesive & filled with silcone for grout. Maybe tin or stainless! Have to see what's around this weekend.

Have a great evening to all.
Todd

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Todd, cabinetry looks exceptionally good. The wait was worth it to get such an exceptional job.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
This is a project to be proud of. Where will your maiden voyage take you? Hopefully Hillsborough River State Park in Thonotossasa, Florida for the BMB GTG in December, hint - hint.

You know you are retro-cool when ZZ Tops shows up to check out your rig Sorry

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

adjust the display, forward and back, with the lower pointers.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone. I won't say I was loosing interest, but I was getting a little down. But when I would stare at the pictures of the teardown & see the way the Barth was built, I knew it would be worth the wait. I've seen Scott'y Shastas, Aljo's etc & I realize this company built a product to last. Maybe their fit & finish wasn't the others, but!!!!

I would love to do FL but I might not be through & I might be going for 2012 Knees. I have to speak with the Doc. I had Ortho Visc this past month, but I see no improvement.

Thanks again for the kind words. Work will resume.

Todd

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Todd, before you committ to knee replacement,ask your doctor about Euflexxa. I am one of the lucky ones that had success with it. Three months ago I could hardly walk. Now I am climbing a ladder every night to work on my Airstream.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Doug
I will absolutely ask him today. I will also Google it to find out more about it.

Thanks.
Todd

Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Came home this evening & stopped by Lady Barth. The galley is almost in full splendor. I am definitely psyched. Now I can hopefully go at full steam ahead. Check out more pictures. Trying to figure out what kind of backsplash. One thought was the copper tiles & another one was tiles. I guess it's time to scour pictures of 7 digit coaches;LOL.

Todd

Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
I hope everyone had a Healthy & Happy Thanksgiving.

Spent the last couple of days with my latest sweetheart; Lady Barth. A month has gone by since the post above.

The galley is done & already I modified the wine or soda shelves & added 2 drawers. Thought of using tiles for the backsplash but instead I'm gonna go with a Stainless Mica. I don't have to worry about road vibrations. I've been thinking about the front dining area. I think I will do the same Gallactic Black mica as on the counter top.

Started putting up mouldings, so I was busy staining & clear coating them. I had been debating replacing the cabinet above the front windows. I asked my friend Art to duplicate the galley for that project. Picked it up Thanksgiving Day at the Orient Point Ferry. He shrink wrapped it & put it as freight on the boat. Took it home & drooled. I love it. Duplicated everything to a T. I stained it & put it in to see; fit like a glove. I have to keep staing until I get the same tint as the Galley. I decided the settee looks out of place. I went out & bought Naugahyde & covered it to look like a couch. Started putting up more of the wicker wall covering fabric on some other walls. Not too much left. Then it's on to the Hot Water system & bathroom.

I hope you enjoy the new pictures of Lady Barth.
Todd
Here's a link to the Barth photo album - Click to view a slideshow[/i][/b]

Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
New top cabinet is is lacquered & installed. Haven't put up the doors as I need to wire the stereo & speakers. Almost finished the wicker wallcovering. Mouldings are cut & installed or waiting for the end to be installed. Original couch was covered in Naugahyde trimmed.

Moving along. Still don't know whether I want a 110 Hot Water Heater or LP/110 Attwood or suburban.

Todd
Click to view a slideshow[/i][/b]

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
What a fine job this is becoming. You should be proud of that sweet trailer! I am looking forward to seeing it when finished.

My sis-in-law runs a tourist trap/store on Fire Island (summer only, as you know, she's in FLA now) in Ocean Beach. Are you near the ferry dock in Bay Shore? We may be visiting that way next summer, I'd like to see your project. Good luck, keep up the excellent job!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Very nice job. I enjoy watching your progress.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post