Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mad Dash to Salt Lake City
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted
We went on a quick trip to Salt Lake City last weekend for Nitro Circus World games.

One night in Winnemucca on the way, two nights in Salt Lake City, and one night in Winnemucca on the way back.

If you are ever in Winnemucca in the morning, the Griddle has some serious pecan crusted french toast with bacon caramel sauce that must be tried.

Still not all that relaxed behind the wheel. We had 90+ temps the whole time, and pulling over the Sierras at 35MPH is just nerve wracking. Made it with no mechanical failures though!

First night we hooked up, turned on the A/C and went for a dinner at a nearby restaurant. Came back and the place smelled like a sewer. Toilet ball is not sealing. Yuck. Will try Vaseline first I guess, though I'm tempted just to have the seals replaced.

We need to take longer, less break-neck trips. The kids didn't settle into travelling until the last day on the way back. Travel days were a bit...challenging. Sticking to KOAs, because there's nothing like a sunset swim to get the kids tuckered after sitting in the RV getting yelled at all day.

Timmy strapped in and ready to go! We actually lost Sprinkles the Cow out an open window somewhere in the Salt Flats! Much wailing and gnashing of teeth. You shouldn't throw things in the RV kids.

HOT!

An oasis of yum in the desert. KOA there is pretty nice, too:

The venue:

Beauty of the desert:

Some fun:

Forgot our folding table so it was lap eating.

New speed champion!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I hope to get to go somewhere soon even if it is in the back yard. Smiler

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Pictures or your trip! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

The Griddle looks like a good place to eat, but I could not afford to eat there every day. Wow eight bucks Thumbs Down for French toast, + tax and a 20% tip. I would have to skip lunch an dinner.
Frugal Ohio folks are spoiled, Most everything costs less here in Ohio. I do not know why it has "HI in the middle of the name, our cost of living around here is "LO W " compared to the rest of the country.
Thanks for sharing your event.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
It's definitely a place for a treat only. Imagine, we had to multiply by 6!!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, reminds me of the good times we had when our kids were young. Now looking forward to the grand kids.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Kelshe
posted Hide Post
Looks like everybody had a good time! Thanks for sharing, fun to see.

Sheila

Posts: 77 | Location: Auburn, CA | Member Since: 11-05-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quinn:
Came back and the place smelled like a sewer. Toilet ball is not sealing. Yuck. Will try Vaseline first I guess, though I'm tempted just to have the seals replaced.

Don't bother trying to reseal the ball! BTDT!

Just replace the rubber gaskets, should be two of them if same as mine. Furthermore, DO NOT lubricate the rubber gaskets with anything! Just smooth the rotating ball with 0000 steel wool and put it back together. A little detergent will help to lubricate but will not cause the rubber to deteriorate.

My first attempt was to lubricate the rubber with silicone oil (advice from a RV repair shop) but what happened was the rubber later started to dry and shrink. Same issues again with the seal and smell.

I have been to Winnemucca and at the grill many times. Will be stopping there on my way out to Denver middle August.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post