Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Emergency Mobile Command Unit
 Login now/Join our community

posted

We bought this 1990 Barth special made coach over a year ago for the purpose of making it an emergency mobile command unit. It was originally a special made mobile computer lab, complete with individual computer workspaces. Perfect for what we want to use it for. We just got it back from being wrapped and now we start on the inside. I'll post inside pics as we work through it. The first thing we're working on inside is the floor. We've removed the carpet and its 800+ staples (what a pain) and we are having a tough spray-on rubber flooring put down soon. We're working without much of a budget but in the end it should be a good investment for police and fire use in our small agency.

Posts: 7 | Location: Robinson, TX | Member Since: 08-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
for police and fire use in our small agency.

Thumbs Up Superman

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I own a Police Command Center that belonged to the Maryland State Police and I commend you on a beautiful transformation. I am sure the inside will be as nicely done as the outside and I look forward to the pictures of your progress.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
A government agency that actually used common sense and wound up with a perfectly servicable vehicle while saving thousands of dollars? I commend everyone involved, and wonder if they would please run for public office?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
That Barth is on fire! I love the wrap, looking forward to the inside! Thumbs Up

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Good move on installing vent fan covers. Sounds like a practical floor. Dont forget restraints for all the desk chairs. Thumbs Up

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
I see that the Police Dept. got the tail end off that project.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
In front of the front air conditioner is an antenna (I think)I have one also and have no clue what it does, do you. I sure would like to know. All of the inside stuff was removed from mine, any info would be appreciated.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
it is or was a tv antenna

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard, I thought it was tv antenna but I never could get it to work.

Mary

posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone.

Mary, I couldn't afford the $200,000+ version so I bought the $5,000 version instead Smiler The object in front of the AC is a TV antenna. There is a switch in the storage compartment above the right front windshield that controls the amplifier. At least that is where it is on ours. It has to be turned on before the antenna will work. Hope this helps.

Dan & Suzy Z - Not on your life Smiler

JKB - Tell me more about the restraints on the desk chairs. Are you referring to restaining them so the won't role around? I'll probably just use folding chairs. Easy to store and no rolling around.

Doorman - I gave up the front end so I can tell the fire dept that we've got them covered Razzer I really wanted the front end to be the attention getter.

More to come.

Chief Rusty Smith
Robinson TX PD

Posts: 7 | Location: Robinson, TX | Member Since: 08-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Is it legal to drive with the front windows covered? It looks real nice..

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Becasue it is for police use it is exempted for the side windows. The wrap material has really small pinholes in it so I can see out of it but I can't see what's in the rear view mirrors worth a hoot. Let me tell you, it is very difficult to drive with windows covered so I will probably make a modification. Driving it back to the PD from the wrap company required a unit following me to give me directions as to when it was safe to change lanes. NOT a good option.