Forums    Pictures of My Barth    New to the Group! Hi!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New to the Group! Hi!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Christys Campers
posted
Hi ! I have recently acquired a 1964 24' Barth! We have had many campers but this is the first Barth! I'm looking forward to sharing with the group. Funny thing the title actually says 1964 Airo?? Does that mean anything to anyone?
Thanks for your help!

Posts: 1 | Location: Arkansas | Member Since: 03-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post

Tony here is the picture you sent me to post for you.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That is an early Barth, indeed! The build number is usually stamped on the tongue, it will tell the month of manufacture.

Mary Ray has a trailer, StinkyDaddy has 2 of them. He knows them as well as anyone here.

Try a search through the forum archives. good luck with your project. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
welcome aboard, protect those curved front windows

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Some of the trailers have Air Flow as part of the name. It's on the back of my '65, but not on the '66. I read that they were made to be towed slightly nose down so the air would flow over the trailer resulting in a smoother tow. Both of mine tow very well.

On the door side of the tongue there should be a stamp with a letter for the month of production, likely a "B" followed by the month number, then the unit number and the length at the end.

It looks alot like our '66. You're lucky to have an awning. You might look into a rock guard for the front windows. I think they used a standard guard. Vintage Trailer Supply might have them.

We're happy to see another trailer on here. Hopefully we'll see you at a GTG.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post