Forums    Pictures of My Barth    At Last!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

At Last!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted
The day is here. Today we got our Barth. And being near the Ugly Betty RV Resort and Pet Emporium (UBRVRAPE) just had to drive from Atlanta to Appling, GA to ask Nick to educate us on what we bought! And we got a bonus: As we speak I'm sitting in Rusty's spot at the counter in Nick & Donna's kitchen, (well-fed, I might add), with the Barth sitting just outside Nick's workshop where The Captain usually parks. Life is good.

We also found out this coach won't start unless you put your foot on the accelerator.

Pictures to come.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Well it's about time!!!!! Congratulations you two! Let us know what's up tomorrow.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Lou and Barb,

We're really happy for you. It's great that you were able to stop by Nick's and get a primer.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Great - have a safe trip! Stick around UBRVRAPE a day or two if you can, to get acclimated before heading off to TN. If you have a problem enroute, it's better to have one on a weekday when services are easier to get.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Get pictures if you want us to believe you... Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to go south and meet some of these folks myself. Good to see another Barth in the group.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Yeeeeehawwwwwww Thumbs Up

Congrats. Getting Barth training from Nick is like getting starship lessons from Capt. Kirk. Smart move.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Here is proof that at-least Lou & Barb were at UBRVRAPE with someone's Barth.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Nick-I bet you got a picture of Elvis too. Your photo says "07.22.2010. Not convincing...

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Nick-I bet you got a picture of Elvis too. Your photo says "07.22.2010. Not convincing...
Hey, I got the month, date, and time correct. That's 3 out of 4, 75% correct. Ain't that a passing score.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Imagine arriving at a campground at 11:30pm with generator running, office closed, fogged-up windows due to the high humidity, trying to read a map left for you by the office lady who wrote over some of the "street" names, making several wrong turns and having to watch yer wife in the backup camera waving a flashlight around like you're about to run somebody over, finally finding your spot and having your newest neighbor reminding you how loud that generator is, and (all this after)having driven your new Barth motorhome 530.0 miles in 12 hours.

[All of this is fun when you're 30 years old, but what the heck is a 72 year old (as of about 90 minutes ago) newbie (talk about a contradiction in terms) doing this time of night behind the wheel of a 33' rig he only took possession of on Friday going up and down the lanes never having done so in any campground ever? ("Man. There's a lot of metal around here!")]

We made it to Louisville, KY from Nick & Donna's in one swell foop.

As others have stated on this post, Nick is The Man. Here he and I are putting our heads together trying to figure out why the fresh water tank won't load.

What a help. Thanks, Nick! Now I can spend the rest of my BD sleeping and then traveling the other half of this journey.

When I get rid of this glaze in my brain I'll post more pictures. In the meantime, I have to say it is great to now be in the ranks, and Barb and I look forward to seeing again those of you we've met before, and meeting those of you we haven't. On the road, of course!

Lou

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Lou you should be sleeping. 90 minutes ago confusion it's your Birthday!!! Happy Birthday!! Speaking of sleeping it looks like you and Nick are in the first picture. Before I read the caption I was thinking strange spot for a nap? ROTFLMAO
Glad your down for the night and found your spot. All the instructions in the world don't prepare for the the quirks life throws our way.
I'm up because the breaker kicked on my houses air conditioner so I was out in the pouring rain checking the compressor before starting back up. 84 in the house to hot for me to sleep. Sleeping
All is working now so I'm headin to bed. Good Luck tomorrow and do more pictures. I should talk. I took zero of DBarth at the lake.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Lou! It seems you are having quite an adventure. What better way to get to know that new addition Big Grin Don't worry about the frantic waving like you are running something over....you'll get used to it, I know I sure have Tooling Along Just think, most people have to pay dearly for the kind of fun you"ll be having in your Barth!

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Lou!!! Glad to hear you're the adventurous type and know that to stay young you need to do things like you're 30 years old again. Big Grin

Keep us updated! Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and welcome to Barth ownership. There are many exciting times in your life just around the corner. Big Grin

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post