Forums    Pictures of My Barth    At Last!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

At Last!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Now that is what I call a Birthday present, a BARTH! Happy trails!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Lou! What a present!

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Happy B-Day LOU !!! What a way to celebrate....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Hi folks...

Thanks for the nice comments.

We're home! Pulled in around 6pm. All is well.

Some lessons:
#1: Don't let your right foot wander too far from the brake pedal while on cruise. Two separate gentlemen tried to take my front bumper off (sound familiar, Nick?). Both were doing something with their cell phones. The first one just plain cut us off and thankfully I was able to hit the brake before he hit me; the 2nd saw his exit and went for it....problem was he was on my left in the passing lane and the exit, of course, was on our right.

#2: Next time have breakfast first....

Barb had thought I had knocked a fence over late last night. Daylight showed it wasn't me, and that this fence was providing a different use all along.

This man is on a mission. God Bless him. It's as important as mine or anyone else's.

Hmmmm. You s'pose Barb would understand if I joined...Uhhh..better not push my luck.

It's hard to describe the importance of the support Barthmobile.com members give each other. For many of us that support underpins everything we do in feeling good about owning a Barth or two, no matter what the size or shape. Such support certainly was on my mind and Barb's over the entire trip just completed. Our appreciation will last for a long, long time.

Thanks, guys and gals,

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Lou! Have some Hudsonville Ice Cream. cheers

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Lou & Barb on arriving in one piece. When is your next trip & since you sold your house where will you be living. Wish you could have stopped in to see us. Next time.

Note to all: Remember to throw away the gloves you handle the sewage hoses with. They carry mucho germos & will transfer to what ever container you might keep them in if you've been reusing. Go buy a box of latex gloves & dispose outside coach after each use. This should go without saying but wash your hands really well.

Reminds me of the time we bought a Monaco Dynasty from Lazy Daze in Tampa, FL. We took coach straight to campground & arrived late. I kept smelling this awful smell & realized @ bedtime I was smelling the previous owners full black water tank. LD forgot to empty prev owners tanks. I wasn't about to sleep with that disgusting smell so I went outside & of course we didn't have a long enough hose & we couldn't back the coach up further because of a fence in the way. It was midnight & the store wasn't open & we didn't have a toad. I chose to take a 5 gal garbage can & empty that tank, 5 gal at a time. I can;t remember how big the bl water tank was but I know I filled the trashcan at least 30 times. Makes me gag just retelling the story. I finished & took a very hot shower & went to bed.

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of Wharf Rat
posted Hide Post
What a B-Day!! Congrats! Enjoy! Have fun!

Repeat over and over, we are lucky bunch.

I'm going to see that Grand Canyon......and I'm going to do it in style!

Posts: 52 | Location: Rockland Maine | Member Since: 07-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go buy a box of latex gloves & dispose outside coach after each use.

I get mine at the Big Boys Toy Store, commonly known as Harbor Freight. The only problem can be heat, so if the coach is going to be out in the sun for extended storage periods, take that little box inside and don't forget it when you hit the road again. Practice makes as close to perfect as you can get when it comes to something like dumping waste, so it only gets easier. Good valves and seals are a must. The little flap on the receiving inlet is for your foot to open it Red Face. Sorry, couldn't resist. Enjoy the new coach and join us at a GTG soon.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
For a little more money, you buy much much more durable stretchy nitrile gloves. They are not only tougher, but withstand bad chemicals better, like acetone, etc. and, being tougher, they are moderately reusable if you choose.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
glad you went to nick for your first lesson on the coach his has been thru a lot of upgrades. HE will keep you busy congrats on your new coach
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Lou and congrats on that great looking Barth...many happy trails!!!

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post