Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Newbie looking at '88 28foot
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just went to see a 88 Barth. It is owned by a couple who have had it a year or two and used it last summer to do a 7700 mile trip. Everything looked good and it drove nicely. New tires all around. No leaks and most of the unit looked original(I am impressed at the quality of the workmenship). He is asking $16500. I have no idea whether this is a good price or not. Owner says that it is 100% ready for another long trip. What would be a good ball park offer for a coach that looks great, runs great and is ready for the road? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: myrtle beach, sc | Member Since: 01-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Go look up NADA RV and get a value. The stated values will trend low but its a starting point.
Expect to pay more for low miles and top notch condition.

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
If you like it ....Jump on it ..THe price is right.........Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The asking price is at the high end for Regals but with overall good condition, roadworthy, and new tires it is not unreal. Assuming low miles and good maintenance, make an offer a bit lower and you could get a nice coach at a very good price. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Depends a lot on condition of course. I bought our 89 28 ft two years ago for $12,500. It was in pretty good shape. There were a few problems I wasn't aware of before getting it home: front suspension air bags were flat (I upgraded front springs instead of replacing them), there was a cracked water line, black tank was cracked, needed two front tires (rears soon, more for age than wear). I've also replaced the shocks and a couple of steering bits.

You can see a few pics here:
my rv

Quinn

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post