Tools
Reply To This Topic

Marvin and Doris has some more pics
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
On occasion I'll get pictures from members who forward images from their phone. I'm guessing that they can not open up a window to start a new topic on their cell.
quote:
Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Windows® phone.

Enjoyed a long weekend at Floating Mill Campground (COE) at Center Hill Lake TN. Lake was too warm for refreshment, at 85 degrees felt like a hot tub.

Nobody thougt we could fit in this spot, but no problems for a Baby Barth.

Ok not your ordinary camping spot, but we did not fit in the car lot (muddy and steep ditch) so they let us park on the gravel in the cemetary. We visited the Swiss Celebration Day at Gruetli-Laager TN on July 30th (August 1st is Swiss Independence Day), was a little rainy but fun with music and bratwursts.

Inside of farmhouse

Mule rides at the Swiss Colony.

Pics of the old Stampfli homestead. There were a few Cagles around there too back in the Swiss Colony days. ???

Music from the Musik Meisters. A mix of Swiss, Bavarian, Austrian and Glenn Miller ...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Nice. I 've never seen a campground that used stacked block before. Seems you can park a baby Barth just about anywhere.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, I've been to Gruetli-Laager when I was looking for a dark place to buy. Definitely an out-of-the-way place.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Did you install the jacks? Do you have 2 in back too?
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I love the tires and wheels on the covered wagon. Thumbs Up

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
love the tires and wheels on the covered wagon.

They were standard on the 1821 Conestoga MK II

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Tere - we got 4 HWH jacks all around from the factory (orig owners request). Loving it!
BTW the campsite has a picnic table, firepit and grill BEHIND the Barth.
As for Gruetli-Laager - that place is one of the sleepiest places around. There is a real good bakery - Dutchmaid - in Tracy city TN for all that travel across Monteagle on I-24.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
uuuuh, I forgot. This campsite is not for people stumbling around after dark, especially after enjoying some adult beverages.... I was surprised they did not have to put up a rail.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
http://www.mamagerties.com/pages/rv/rv_4.jpg

Check this one. Also has elevated "t's"

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
That looks like a fun place to back your travel trailer in (and up and around). Seen another disadvantage of slideouts too: the guy across backed in with some troubles only to find out he could not slide out without hitting the retainer wall.