Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Our first out of state trip in the Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of Jace
posted
Hey there! Jace & Pheba here. We are first time posters. Would like to share photos of our recent trip.

Posts: 12 | Location: Chandler, Texas | Member Since: 07-19-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jace
posted Hide Post
Here is our Data Tag

Posts: 12 | Location: Chandler, Texas | Member Since: 07-19-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jace and Pheba, nice coach and looks like you had a nice first trip, where did you go? Please tell us more.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jace
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary!
We camped several nights in Silverton Colorado and from there visited a few of the movie locations from the original "True Grit" at Ridgway. Certainly enjoyed the cool weather in the mountains. On the return trip we stayed in a full hookup site at Fort Griffin State Park on the Brazos river. The cool weather had followed us back to Texas so it was very pleasant and we had the park almost to ourselves. The Barth did great for the 8 nights we were away and are looking forward to the next outing.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Nice coach Jace and Pheba. I saw that old mine in the background of the first photo and thought immediately of the Silverton area. In the past, I've traveled to Ouray from Durango stopping in Silverton. Really interesting sights and I'm sure you had a great time.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jace
posted Hide Post
Thanks kirk!

We loved the scenery between Durango and Ouray, there just wasn't much room for error.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jace & Pheba,

Really enjoyed the pictures. Barb and I had spent some time in Summit County when our son lived out there. Brings back memories.

See you on the road!

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
cheers
WELCOME.
Thanks for posting the group of pics showing your fine looking coach.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Jace and Pheba. Always great to see the adventures of others. Is your Barth a 32'er? Cummins or Cat? 4-speed or 6-speed?
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jace
posted Hide Post
Hello Jim and Tere. Thanks for the welcome!

This is a 32' Monarch with 5.9 cummins and 6 speed. We added a pac brake system before this mountain trip. Due to my lack of experience and knowing what to expect from the coach in the mountains we disconnected from the jeep just north of Durango and Pheba drove the jeep to Silverton while Roxie(our Terrier) and I soloed the Barth thru the passes. Actually it did fine and I gained a some confidence in the engine brake.

We are now pulling out the basement air unit to make more storage.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site gang. Nice looking coach you've got there. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jace
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome and all your other help Bill!
This site has been such a great asset since we bought the coach last year. Seems we have yet to have a repair question that couldn't be answered by searching the Tech/upgrade archives. So much knowledge and willingness to help all in one place. Thanks so much to all who keep it active and entertaining.

Jace

Jace and Pheba

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jace:
This is a 32' Monarch with 5.9 cummins and 6 speed..

That is an EXCELLENT, probably optimum, configuration IMHO. Only downside is the pathetic 'bumpers' on late model Barths -- unfit to bump anything more than your legs.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jace
posted Hide Post
Such a true statement about the glass bumpers.

Jace and Pheba

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site Smiler

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post