Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Some Pics of My Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of lake2river
posted
Took a few pictures this afternoon. Am starting to get very excited about this!

Mike
Switzerland County, Indiana
1976 Barth Regal 21'

Posts: 16 | Location: THE southeastern-most corner of Indiana! Come visit! | Member Since: 07-28-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lake2river
posted Hide Post
Here's what I know so far, without checking the Dataplate information pages on the site here:

1976 Barth
Chevy 454 engine
21'
88k miles

There were some photocopied Regency info sheets in a cabinet, but for 1978 models. I was thinking this was a Regal. Any help on this?

Mike
1976 Barth Regal 21'

Posts: 16 | Location: THE southeastern-most corner of Indiana! Come visit! | Member Since: 07-28-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lake2river:
Here's what I know so far, without checking the Dataplate information pages on the site here:

1976 Barth
Chevy 454 engine
21'
88k miles

There were some photocopied Regency info sheets in a cabinet, but for 1978 models. I was thinking this was a Regal. Any help on this?

Barth called it a Barth. If the NADA book is accurate, Barth didn't have MH model names until they started different models. The first model designation that shows up in the NADA book is the "MCC by Barth" in 1980. The name Regency appeared in 1983, followed by Regal and Royale in 1984.

However, the Regal was (usually) a gas puller, so yours is pretty much an "early Regal" without the oficial name. There were also a few diesel puller and pusher Regals, and a few gas pushers that might be Regals. Not sure on the gas pushers, though.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lake2river
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU, Bill!!!

Now I know I have "Just a Barth." I like it even better! Smiler

Mike
1976 Barth Regal 21'

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
A Barth is never "just" a Barth. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lake2river
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
A Barth is never "just" a Barth. Smiler

Big Grin

I'll copy and send you the Barth brochure pages that were in the motorhome. Chances are you already have them but just in case!

Mike
1976 Barth Regal 21'

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
There is no thing as "just a Barth"

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
There is no thing as "just a Barth"

Amen Mr. Dubbs

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lake2river
posted Hide Post
A few more...now that it's in MY driveway! toast

The very short (6 miles!) drive home was an experience. I live just off Ind. 156, the Ohio River Scenic Byway. It's a narrow, winding, up-and-down road with a large hill on one side and the Ohio River on the other. There are two sets of trees lining my up-a-hill driveway, which I had to drive around through the field to get up to the house. My tail-gater, the previous owner, said I was near-perfect in keeping it in the center of the road. What a relief to hear that! I am purposely NOT going to register and plate it for about a week, just to force myself to do as many inspections and familiarizations as I can. But I am so excited.

Mike
1976 Barth Regal 21'

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I know that you are glad it is home, and thanks for the pics.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lake2river:
interersting the front of yours appears to have the same headlight bezels and turn signal lenses as our old 69

front some polishing done

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Those light bezels were pretty much an industry standard during the round-light days of the
1960's and '70's....Lots of MH's, busses & trucks used them. You can still get them through
Kenworth dealers, but ya might want to hit the lottery first confusion

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Looks really clean inside & maybe some fresh flowers to give it a little pick me upSmiler
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post