Forums    Pictures of My Barth    Marvin+Doris sent us some images.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Marvin+Doris sent us some images.
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I get these images sometimes from members who have them on their phone. Looks like a fun weekend. Smiler
quote:
We took an after the big Holiday camping trip to "our" Big South Fork NRRA. Beautiful, quiet wooded campsites, we would like to have a GTG here, maybe September or early October. Here are some pics of little Bartha camping and enjoying herself. Also some pics of various campsites. In this area are great horseback riding trails, kayaking, hiking etc.

Bathhouse at campground

Site 44D next to bathhouse and playground

Our Baby Barth

View down the campground road/handicap site

View down access road/campsites

Site 48D with 50 amp

The V12 that goes with the Jag (who's midlife crisis)

What we did on Memorial Day. No we are not the 57 Chevy, we the flat tiny 88 Jaguar XJS between that and a pickup on steroids.

Marvin and Doris

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
We took an after the big Holiday camping trip to "our" Big South Fork NRRA. Beautiful, quiet wooded campsites, we would like to have a GTG here, maybe September or early October.

Marvin and Doris

1. Call the campground and check on availability of dates and sites.
2. Start a thread and let us know when to be there.
3. You have a GTG.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Marvin and Doris, we would be interested in a GTG at Big South Fork, hopefully in the fall when the temps are a little cooler. Even the winter is good. What activities are available?
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
This is a little off the topic, but my favorite car of all that I've owned was one I bought in 1964. It was a 1954 Jaguar XK 120 roadster. I paid $1000 for it, and it was almost perfect. Cruised at 120 like it was on rails. Why in the 'h***' did I ever sell it?
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
......my favorite car of all that I've owned was one I bought in 1964. It was a 1954 Jaguar XK 120 roadster.
Jim

I had one. A coupe. I thought it could have had better brakes and easier steering. It slid on asphalt as well as a dirt-tracker, but that big steering wheel took a lot of muscle, as did the brakes. And I was at my peak condition and strength at the time I owned it. An injury forced me to trade it for a MK IX sedan. It was a little heavier, but it had four wheel disks and power steering. What a wonderful car! I gave it a 3 carb head to make up for the extra weight. The auto tranny did not allow throttle steering in a slide as precision a a manual did, but it was close. I never really liked the Moss gearbox, anyway. Cinturatos really helped. That was back when Michelin X had that sudden rear breakaway.

With 36 inch glasspacks, it also had a wonderful bark when you got on it, especially in a tunnel with all the windows down and the sunroof open. Anyone remember the tunnel scene in the Monaco Gran Prix part of the movie, Gran Prix?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill, you're right. The brakes were awful, the transmission didn't have syncromesh into first gear and the other 3 were not exactly quick, the steering was, well shall we say heavy?, the seating position only worked for people with supple backs and quickly ruined those, it rode like a rock and handled worse, BUT it was absolutely beautiful and when you put your foot in it, the sensation was unbelievable. It was better than s**.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was a 1954 Jaguar XK 120 roadster
'back then'
I drove an XK 140 drop head coupe with dual "straight" (almost legal enough in PA) pipes ; backing down in second gear down a narrow street lined with row homes at midnight was a window rattling thrill at the time. Now I'd shoot and dummas trying that!
great fun car, clumsy compared to a TR3 or even an MGA but power galore. biggest drawback was the tiny wedge space for two feet and three pedals on the driver's floor

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
biggest drawback was the tiny wedge space for two feet and three pedals on the driver's floor

Thinking back, those were indeed small pedals. I remember I owned a Luscombe at the same time. It had small brake pedals which operated the cable disk brakes with a heel from each foot. They were close together and beneath the rudder pedals. I removed my size 12 or 13 shoes or changed to soleless moccasins before entering either the plane or the Jag, so I could have enough room and enough feel to do things right.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I owned a Luscombe at the same time. It had small brake pedals which operated the cable disk brakes with a heel from each foot.

And the narrow gear didn't help, right Bill? (Luscombes make good taildragger pilots by necessity. You learn to use the ailerons and rudder on the ground just to help keep things under control; even on a calm day.)

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Marvin and Doris, If we can get somthing set up for early to mid sept. I would try to make it. have MX race on the 25th and spend the next 2 wkend getting ready for our AMA National Pro Hill Climb on the 9th of Oct.
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
I owned a Luscombe at the same time

For you Luscombe-Luvers out there...Last month's Mid-Atlantic antique/classic/vintage fly-in included
this beautiful T8F model...tandem seating, greenhouse canopy, 90hp w/ electrics. This was Luscombe's entry for a military light observation contract in the late '40's, subsequently won by Aeronca's L-16.
73 were built for civilian market, some altered for crop-dusting. Only a few remain....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
That greenhouse make it super useable like say a Barth with a one wheel trailer , lots of headroom.Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Marvin and Doris we would be interested in going to Big South Fork too.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
as of activities, they have a swimming pool but I think it closes Labor Day. Other than hiking, mountain biking, some ATV trails, kayak/canoe (bring your own) you can fish and hunt (in season) and the number one thing is horseback riding. Either bring your own fourlegger or you can rent one. Stables in walking distance from campground. Alcohol drinks are ok in the campground, so are leashed dogs, firewood can only be from 4 surrounding counties due to beetles. All sites are paved with table, firering and B, C and D Loops got electric and water. Only 5 50amps available.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post