Forums    Pictures of My Barth    87 Regal 33 ft?
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

87 Regal 33 ft?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of MJ56
posted
It's titled as an 87. Data tag says mfg in 86. I presume that is normal. It was sold to me as a 34 ft, but from the data tag, I presume it is 33 ft. Is it normal to refer to it as 34 ft?

Traded for a 70's era, 12 x 60 mobile home, in the campground I stay in most of the time for the last 7 years. I had a $10,000 investment in the mobile home, so I value the Barth at the same. I am happy with it, love the retro feel. I have been living in it for 3 weeks and getting it ready for my first test drive. I've encountered a couple adventures in restoring a Barth, already. Bad starter, bad flex plate, exhaust gasket leaks, black hill clogged toilet the first time I dumped black tank and now a water heater issue, still too much of a mystery to describe.

I will now attempt to post a few pics to get started. Some may have seen this coach before, it has a unique custom paint job, out of Florida.

Posts: 84 | Location: NW IN | Member Since: 09-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
So far, all I can figure out is one at a time. I am aware of the post about photobucket, but it confuses me.

Posts: 84 | Location: NW IN | Member Since: 09-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
mural, oil rig and chopper, previous owner was a pilot.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
You certainly have a unique Barth, I like it. How about some pictures of the interior. (we love pictures)

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
The pics I have are from when I saw it the first time, with the prev owners stuff in it. Right now I am still moving in and my stuff all over. I will get more pics up soon. Started the 1st remodel today, have to rebuild the toilet pedestal and reinstall toilet and flooring. Taking pics before I start restoring. Good news is, I don't need a new black tank, just a black hill problem, very old one. Caused by bad design, but easy solution to add a rinse/flush in the right place to prevent future buildup. I will do that in pics also.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is nearly a twin to mine! Built in 86 sold as 87, also some confusion about 34 vs 33! What is the build #? I have 8607 #3346.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
8611-3385-33TFPOA mfg 11/86, 14,500 gvw

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Pretty close together: July to November, 40 coaches later!

I really enjoy my 33. Check out my posts on this site, you'll see a number of projects listed that may help you. mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post

Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
The closer I look, the more confused I get with these tire codes. Please advise. TY

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Your looking for the code like the one that reads "1403" That is the 14th week of 2003. That makes it about 10 1/2 years old. Before 2000 the code was only one digit for the year, so a tire made "901" could be 1989 or 1999 etc. The law changed in 2000 to require the 2 digit year code.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bottom line: Looks like all your tires are candidates for replacement.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
looks to me as though you also have one messed up wheel

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That's just the wheel cover.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your help.
My Barth is for sale and I placed my value in it believing the tires could make a road trip. With the date codes I have, I'm not willing to risk it with the steer tires. So I will install 2 new for a buyer, or discount the price for them to replace tires.
With six rear tires, I think it's safe for now but I should probably remove the odd Michelin tire and replace with the mounted spare that looks like it was mounted new and matches rest of the Goodyears.

I put a new chassis battery in about 2 weeks ago, started it first time since November, ran it 20 minutes. Sat for 5 days and voltage was a bit under 12v. It started fine, ran for 20 minutes.
Today, 10 days later voltage was 8.6, wouldn't start. The aux boost from house, started fine ran for 20 minutes, voltage was 12.7.
I had same problem last fall and suspected some phantom drain.

I have discovered many mystery wires and switches added on or vacated. Something could be on that I am not aware of. Today I found this switch, shown in picture. The first rocker switch says access and I assume up is on but not aware of what it feeds. The center one in question says aux htr and appears to be center off and up or down. Today it was in the down position.
Could this be heated mirrors left and right? I would think that would have an indicator light.
Any other ideas?