Forums    Pictures of My Barth    Three Times A Charm !
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Three Times A Charm !
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted
I got back from picking up my 88' Regal from my daughter's home down in Ga. I gave her a real work out, I took I-81 up through the Blue Ridge mountains. They are real pretty this time of year.

The only problem I had was the alternator stop charging and she died on me wile I was in line for the toll for the Geo. Wash. bridge. I was able to start up the generator and limped her the rest of the way home by holding the aux start switch down intermittently.

I will post pics as soon as I get some rest and remember how to use photo bucket.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it! You can put jumpers across the house battery and engine battery and that'll charge the engine battery with the genset running - beats using the Aux Start, since that's an intermittent relay, and might fail with prolonged use.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty, thanks for the advice, I am going to change the alternator. The problem yesterday I didn't have any wire with me, even if I had I was only a hour away from home, and pretty tired.

I came home from work today and gave the Barth a bath, I hope it came out o.k. it got dark before I was finished, so I wasn't able to take any pictures. Will do tomorrow after work and try to post.

I am real happy with this Barth.the inside kleened up real nice. The outside is going to need some touch up in spots above the floor line and probably a repaint below the floor line.

I know a guy that says he can wrap it with any sceam I want, but I'm not sure if thats a good idea. Does anybody here have any experience with that process? I'm not sure how it will hold up or how hard it would be to take off if I wanted to change it? Any thoughts?

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all, well I came home from work today and re washed the Barth ( too many holidays) I took pictures with my smart phone, can any body advise how to post them correctly straight from my phone, I know how to put them on my clip board then send them by text mesage. But I don't want to goof up and get get yelled at for sending them the wrong way.
Cheers, Dave

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post
Hello all, o.k. this is a test to see if I'm uploading pics correctly from my smart phone.Here goes.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post
Somebody tell me is this right or is this pic too big?

By the way "That's my Barth"

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Dave,

1st picture (at 6:32pm tonight) that Kevin posted is fine. The 2nd, at 8:50pm that shows under your post is too large.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this thread should be moved to Mayhem

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I'm sending you a PM to discuss this..

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I deleted the post with the oversized image, since it was much too large for easy loading.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post
Will this picture work?

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That's much better - about as large as will work well. We hold image size down because some folks are still on dialup.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Here are some more pics.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A